Books We Covet: The Archived by Victoria Schwab and The Innocents by Lili Peloquin

Why Leslie covets The Archived: I really enjoyed Victoria Schwab's debut The Near Witch (my review here) and I cannot wait to read more by her. The premise for The Archived sounds fantastic!

Beautiful cover too.
book cover
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous—it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.
The Archived comes out on January 22, 2013 from Hyperion. For more info and news, visit and check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

*******

Why Michelle covets The Innocents: I like reading novels that feature sisters. The synopsis doesn't really give you much yet I'm intrigued just the same.

book cover
Two sisters fight to belong in a town built on secrets and lies in this romantic new YA series.

In a town built on secrets and lies, it's going to be hard to stay innocent.

Nothing ever came between sisters Alice and Charlie.

Friends didn't.

Boys couldn't.

Their family falling apart never would.

Until they get to Serenity Point.

The Innocents is the first in a new series of young adult novels that weaves a saga of nail-biting drama, breathless romance, and gothic mystery.
The Innocents comes out on October 16, 2012 from Razorbill. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

18 comments

  1. The Archived sounds excellent! I've been seeing it here and there around the blog world and I get intrigued every time. First of all -- the cover. Secondly, the premise! Sounds great, awesome pick.

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Alyssa
    The Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover for The Archived, it definitely sounds like an awesome read! Great Picks! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for The Archived and I'm so glad you shared this novel with us! It sounds unique and absolutely fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my blog!(: I love your picks! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Archived sounds amazing! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm adding it to Goodreads right now:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Archived is already on my TBR list and I think The Innocents sounds good too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH! I'm looking forward to The Archived, too! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh The Archived looks interesting!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Archived looks really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Archived looks so darn good, and the title is amazing. I don't think I'll be able to resist.
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look good. Can't wait for next year! :)
    -Daniela
    http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these looks great! I'm especially excited to read the Archived!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had my eye on The Archived for a while - it sounds so good!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Archived sounds so amazing! I'm so excited for this book. Can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SUPER excited to read The Archived!! It sounds amazing!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Archived sounds so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, the innocents sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.