Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Book We Covet: Crewel by Gennifer Albin

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 with
Alas, the blogging slump bug had bitten us. This post is our first in about a week but followed by many more! We are BACK.

Why we covet this book: That is one heck of a synopsis and a fantastic start in a new series--it sounds unlike anything we've read before.

book coverCrewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin
(FSG [BYR]; out October 16, 2012)
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.
For more info and news about Crewel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

26 comments:

  1. Crewel looks awesome! I love the cover.

    Thanks for checking out my WoW!
    Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fond of the cover but the book sounds amazing and that is all that matters. ^_^

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful cover! Hope the book is as good as it looks.
    Here's My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one, too! The premise and cover are both awesome. :D Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked this one up at BEA but haven't read it yet. It looks really good though! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hardcore wanting this one too.
    Hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. I've been seeing this one a lot.

    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting on this one, as well. Doesn't it sound great?!? Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing and very interesting! And the cover is gorgeous! Awesome pick! Thanks for sharing! :D Adding to my TBR list!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for this one too! It sounds really awesome, and the cover is just gorgeous. <3

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choice! I love the cover for this book and the blurb both.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and checking out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound good! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this sounds really intriguing.. I've never heard of anything like this before!
    Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog :)

    ~ New follower ~
    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one has been sitting on my bookshelf patiently waiting for way to long, I hope to make my way to it soon it looks amazing!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds like a great read and the cover is so different! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really good and I lovee the cover. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man oh man oh man!!! ;D I've been wanting this one forever!!! So I understand the pain you guys are going through ;D ;D GREAT PICK this week! :D Let's hope the wait doesn't seem that long!

    Shreya
    Chocolate Coated Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the second time I am seeing Crewel as a WoW today! I am waiting on this one, too.

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cover first caught my attention, but that summary makes me desperate for it's release! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep, I covet this book too! The cover is so gorgeous and the plot sounds really interesting too. Can't wait to pick this up in October :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. We definitely want to read this one too! And have you seen the awesome photo inspired by CREWEL that our friend "The Real Fauxtographer" took? She has an awesome YA series: http://www.therealfauxtographer.com/2012/04/crewel.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, this book sounds really good! Imagine if you knew you only had one hour!!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmm. I'm not so sure about this one. Although the cover is nice, I might add it to my maybe pile. Thanks :)

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. This one is definitely on my TBR. :)
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.