Monday, June 4, 2012

book cover ARC: 282 pages
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: June 26, 2012
ISBN: 978-0062008269

Source of my copy: publisher
Series: A Need So Beautiful #2

Synopsis (from Goodreads)
After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose affect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates. Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?


Leslie's Review:
Having loved A Need So Beautiful I couldn't wait to read A Want So Wicked and was so excited and happy when I got an early copy (I love it when I don't have to wait long!). I had many high hopes and expectations for this book and now I am very happy to say that they were all met!

 A Want So Wicked was just as good (if not better than) as A Need So Beautiful. Its plot was exciting, surprising, and fantastic; the same characters were back, including a few new ones--all of them well-developed and real to me. But one thing I liked better in this book than the previous book was the main character. Elise, I think, was a better heroine than Charlotte was in the previous book. In that book, I thought Charlotte was a bit frustrating at some points for not fully trusting in what she was bound to do in the end. But as for Elise, she was more likable, accepting (of her destiny), and acted more rational and level-headed to situations. I also really liked figuring out her past along with her. And of course the romance between Elise and Harlin is fantastic (although a little insta-love but I didn't mind it here because there's a reason).

I can't express how much I enjoyed reading this book. It truly was a great and awesome read! It is so, so, so GOOD!! I recommend the series to anyone and everyone.

According to my sister this series is a duology but I think there's going to be a third book as A Want So Wicked ended kind of in an open ended way. Well, I really hope there's a third book.

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so happy to hear that this one is even better than the first book. I had mixed feelings on the first book so if this one is better than the first I might actually enjoy the series more.

    Thanks for the awesome review, so glad that this one worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have heard SUCH good things about the first book -- must get our hands on it!! Glad to hear the second one lives up. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.