Book I Covet: Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson

Why Michelle covets this book: This book had me at "Norway."

I also love the mix of Norse legend and mystery this book promises. And a brother's best friend love interest?! Count me in!

book coverValkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
(HarperTeen; out October 9, 2012)
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there.

What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there’s suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly-epic coming of age.

For more info and news about Valkyrie Rising, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

19 comments

  1. This sounds like a great book! I love mythology and I'll have to add this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eyeing for this book ;) I rarely read mythology books some of them I like but some of them not, this one sounds EPIC! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh... I haven't read anything on Valkyries so I'm totally looking forward for this. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mythology, I'm hooked... Gotta check it out now. Great pick.

    Happy Reading..
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1799

    ReplyDelete
  5. exited
    wish the cover was a tad bettr

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I want this one, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on this one. I'm dying to read it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I covet this book, too! :P And I'm totally with you on the brother's best friend as a love interest, even if unexpected. I always wished I had an older brother for that reason. :D

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the sound of this one :D Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just joined ur blog through GFC :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my list..love it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Valkyrie stories! May have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This books sounds good, great pick!
    thanks for sharing.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never read Valkyrie stories so definitely curious about this one! Plus Norway cool. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't heard of this before but it sounds pretty interesting. I love the cover (: Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so curious about this one since I first heard about it. Great pick!

    Thanks for dropping by! ^^
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds awesome! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.