Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book I Covet: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: I love high fantasy book. Ever since I've read Graceling, I've been looking for another fantasy read that will be just as amazing. I think Seraphina is it.

Beautiful cover too. 

book coverSeraphina by Rachel Hartman
(Random House; out July 10, 2012)
Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

In her exquisitely written fantasy debut, Rachel Hartman creates a rich, complex, and utterly original world. Seraphina's tortuous journey to self-acceptance is one readers will remember long after they've turned the final page.

For more info and news about Seraphina, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

17 comments:

  1. This is my WoW pick this week too! I read the prequel and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seraphina is definitely IT! I highly recommend it, it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh dragons and murder and mystery! Sounds good! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragons! I've never read anything about dragons! Def excited for this. Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This looks so nice and the cover is great! I love dragons, so I might have to put this on my TBR pile! Thanks for stopping by!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cover, I hadn't seen this one yet but it sounds great!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adored Graceling and this look wonderful. Yet another on my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this in NG but I felt it might be too juvenile for me. But I've read reviews that this is a really, really good fantasy story.

    Thanks for stopping by our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not really my type of read, but I like the cover.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Seraphina, it is one of my books of the year so far.

    Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one but it looks so good! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dragons, I'm in. This sounds great. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    Teresa- new follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I haven't heard of this yet but it sounds really good. Love the cover for it!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh! I'm so excited for this book! That cover is gorgeous! And dragons + mystery + possible romance? Me gusta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really excited about this book too and the reason why can be summed up in just one word: dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard amazing things about this one so I can see why you're dying for this :P

    Thanks for visiting
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh this cover is so old and mysterious looking... Will definitely be checking this out!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.