Michelle's Review: Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor #4) by Jill Shalvis


book cover Mass market: 400 pages 
Publisher: Forever
 Release Date: May 22, 2012
ISBN: 9781455503728
 
Source of my copy: publisher
Series: Lucky Harbor #4 (standalone)
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
 

Mallory Quinn has had enough of playing it safe. As a nurse and devoted daughter, she takes care of everyone but herself. And as the local good girl, she's expected to date Mr. Right. But for once, she'd like to take a risk on Mr. Wrong. And who could be more wrong than Ty Garrison? The mysterious new guy in town has made it clear that he's only passing through, which suits Mallory just fine. Besides, his lean, hard body and sexy smile will give her plenty to remember once he's gone...
For the first time in his life, Ty can't bear to leave. Helping this sexy seductress-in-training walk on the wild side is making him desire things he shouldn't -- including leaving the military for good. As their just-for-fun fling becomes something more, Mallory and Ty wonder if they could really be this lucky in love. After all...anything can happen in a town called Lucky Harbor.


Michelle's Review:
Lucky in Love is my favorite book in the Lucky Harbor series so far. It has the heavier emotion I prefer in my romances but it also had its funny moments. Lucky in Love is also a bit more steamier than the previous novels in this series which is a plus.

I enjoyed both Mallory and Ty's characters. The chemistry crackles between them and it was fun watching them fall for each other despite both wanting to keep things light and commitment-free. Both were very likable. I saw a lot of myself in Mallory--it's not often I find heroines I can relate to. And Ty was just plain yummy! He was a genuinely good guy despite him starting off reclusive and pushing everyone away. Both Ty and Mallory had issues to work through and some growing up to do. It was great watching their character development throughout the book especially Mallory, who was a pushover in the beginning, gain assertiveness and self-confidence.

The town of Lucky Harbor is always fun to visit. I love reading about the close-knit community and its crazy, gossip-loving, meddling locals. Nosy, old blue-haired Lucille (the keeper of the town's Facebook page with all the latest town gossip) is back and she is as zany as ever. I seriously want to live in Lucky Harbor!

Although Lucky in Love is being labeled as the fourth book in the Lucky Harbor series, it actually starts a new Lucky Harbor trilogy that focuses on three new women--the Chocoholics group. And to go with the chocolate theme, there were fun chocolate quotes at the beginning of each chapter that made me crave chocolate the entire time I was reading this novel.

Unlike the first three, which was just good reads for me, this novel is fantastic and the new trilogy has truly caught my interest. It is just as readable as the other novels but there's an extra oomph in this one that has me turning the pages faster. I love how Mallory and Ty got together and the female friendship between the women! I am looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy especially since we get glimpses of the simmering tension between of Amy and sexy forest ranger Matt in this book. Definitely excited to read their story and to once again visit Lucky Harbor!

5 comments

  1. So glad that you enjoyed this one. I thought it was such a good book and I'm reading the next one and loving that one too. This series is so full of awesome that I don't even mind it's set in a small town. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear that the first three in this series were not as great as this one. I have the first two and have yet to read them.

    Glad that this series is picking up for you though! I hope books 5 and 6 are just as amazing for you.

    Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the first 3 were good, just not as good as Lucky in Love in my opinion. but i was reading other reviews of LiL on goodreads and some prefer the earlier books. but shalvis writes good contemporary so you can't really go wrong with her books.

      look forward to hearing your thoughts about the Lucky Harbor books after you read 'em. :)

      Delete
  3. Since you enjoyed it, I hope I will enjoy reading it too. Thanks for a great book review.

    Fantasy Romance Novels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.