Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book I Covet: Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: I fell in love with Meant To Be after reading the synopsis. It promises to be a giddy-worthy romantic contemporary young adult read.

I gotta say I have yet to read a YA contemporary that equals the awesomeness of Anna and the French Kiss. Is Meant To Be it?

book coverMeant To Be by Lauren Morrill
(Delacorte; out November 13, 2012)
Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.
For more info about Meant To Be, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

20 comments:

  1. I love a good contemporary book and this one seems to just kickin' it my style. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a sweet sweet! And I agree that it's hard to find contemporaries that rival Stephanie Perkins' books!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Need. This. NOW! Aaaaah, this sounds so amazing and it's still so long until its release. :(

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover, and I think the synopsis sounds pretty good too :-) Methinks this is definitely going to be another addition to my "To read" list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jules!! it's so great to "see" you--it's always fun to see a familiar blogging friend after so long! :)

      Delete
  5. This one looks pretty good! I've never heard of it before, and I really like the cover. November is just so far away though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. the wait is one of the worst things about finding books you want to read NOW. i am the most impatient person.

      but at the same time it builds the anticipation, which is sometimes just as good as actually having the book in your hand reading it. well, for me at least it's sometimes a good thing. okay, lol, at least that's what i'm telling myself.

      Delete
  6. The cover is so colorful and pretty! This sounds cute and fun. I like the hunt for her crush! I think it will be the same guy who is helping her lol thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo this looks good and that cover is lovely. So pretty & colorful. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a cute read! November is so far away!!! Thanks for stopping by my post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! Love the colors.

    I think I saw this on Netgalley but since I'm swamped with other books to read, I took a pass on requesting it. Probably wait for its release instead.^_^

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think It's on Netgalley but it's definitely on Edelweiss! I like the colorful cover :)

    Go get it :)
    Thanks for visiting


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's taken every ounce of resistance I have to not request this one Netgalley! :D I can't wait to read it, looks so incredibly good---and the cover!! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover of this book. great pick!
    hanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, this sounds so good! I hadn't heard of this one before, thanks for sharing!!

    Also, thanks for stopping by My Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pick! I've been eagerly awaiting this one too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.