Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book I Covet: Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: Legend was my favorite dystopian read of 2011 and I cannot wait to find out what will happen next to June and Day in Prodigy.

But, hot damn, it doesn't come out until next year... Well, that just means if you haven't read Legend yet you have time to do so. ;)

I really like the cover of Prodigy as well, much more than Legend (which I thought was too plain).

book coverProdigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
(Putnam; out January 29, 2013)
The Elector Primo of the Republic has died, with his son assuming power over what’s left of the USA’s West Coast as it teeters on full-blown chaos. June and Day join up with Patriot rebels so they can rescue Day’s brother and head east for the Colonies. In order to help, though, the rebels want June and Day to kill the new Elector, who may pose an even greater threat than his father.

For more info about Prodigy, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

23 comments:

  1. I still need to read Legend. I checked it out from the library last year but didn't have time to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this either!! I loved Legend! I think the cover is really good too :)
    Here's my WoW: http://stephlikesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! Still haven't read Legend, but now I have lots of time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Legend, tbh. I'm struggling with my current dystopia read, too. Afraid I'll pass on this one.

    But thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Legend yet. I must check it out soon. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. still need to read Legend and i still need to find it in the library! thanks for dropping by to my blog btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I'm so loving all of the WoW picks this week! I loved Legend so freaking much. Definitely one of my favorite Dystopian novels OF ALL TIME. I can't wait for this! Miss Marie Lu better have incorporated A LOT of Day in this!!! He is so amazing!! *fan girl scream and giggle* I'm so excited!!!! :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW hun!

    xx
    Riya (The Teen Book Guru)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you about day **fan girling with riya**

      Delete
  8. I don't want to wait for 2013!! I really liked Legend and I need to find out what happens next for June and Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love the sight of that! I have the first book on my shelf but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i urge you to bump it up your tbr pile this summer. tis awesome :)

      Delete
  10. I'm really looking forward to Prodigy, too. I can't believe that it won't be out until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of folks talking about this one - adding it to my TBR list! great pick!
    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound like it will be a wonderful book to read.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2024

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Legend yet but I've been hearing a lot of good things from this series.

    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah! Definitely want to read this one!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had Legend sitting next to my bed for MONTHS, wanting to be read. Maybe I'll wait until closer to the release of this book so I can read them back to back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still haven't read Legend! I've heard lots of good things about it though, so I'm definitely going to check out this series! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also haven't read Legend yet :/ But hopefully I get to it soon! :)
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by, new follower!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've skipped the blurb cause I've yet to read Legend, but I have a feeling I'll love it!
    Thanks for stopping by on mu blog and happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.