Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why Michelle covets this book: Anna Dressed in Blood was my favorite paranormal read of 2011--it was one of the few paranormal YAs that truly made me excited to read paranormal YA again.

I'm counting down the days I can get my hands on Girl of Nightmares. After the ending of Anna, I am dying to know what happened to Anna... I seriously need this book NAO!!

WARNING: If you haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood and hate spoilers, don't read the summary for Girl of Nightmares below. It totally spoils Anna.


book coverGirl of Nightmares (Anna #2) by Kendare Blake
(Tor Teen; out August 7, 2012)
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.

Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

For more info about Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

12 comments:

  1. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first book and I will definitely be picking up this second one as I need some answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't look at the blurb after your warning! I got an ARC copy of Anna last week but haven't read it yet. :)

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh awesome! I still have to read the first book in this series! But hear lots of great things about it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read 'Anna Dressed in Blood' but the cover of this looks awesome and the blurb sounds really interesting. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...I'm so excited about this one!! Can't wait! Need more Cas and Anna now! lol Awesome pick. :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    New Follower :)
    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read "Anna Dressed In Blood", but have heard so much about it, I've just gotta find out more! And the cover for this one is AWESOME!!

    Thanks for droppping by, as well for featuring this book!! : )

    Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! This does sound interesting. Great choice!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2069

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard such great things about this book! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can't wait to dive into this series.

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Already a follower...so still following!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read the first book in the series, yet! I guess I should get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. RYC: I LOVE the Seers series!! And I agree his stare is pretty darn intense lol! Seers is on Amazon Kindle right now for $4.99 :D

    I skipped the blurb cause I didn't read Anna but my hubby keeps telling me I should... is it super scary??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.