Monday, May 7, 2012

After a week-and-a-half long blogging hiatus, I am back and, man, it is good to be back! I missed blogging but it was also good to take a break and truly focus on just school. Unfortunately, I still have one more paper and one more presentation to do but I am already on summer mode...

I love summers! I love the extra free time. I love the sunny weather. I love that I have more time to just sit and read. I cannot wait for it to be officially summer!

I do not want my first blog post in a while to be too content-heavy, so instead of a review post like I initially planned to do when I sat down to do this blog post, I am instead going to debut a new blog feature called "3 Pretty Covers and a Synopsis" that I am planning to do here once in a while.

We will be highlighting four upcoming books: three chosen for their pretty covers (we are cover whores here!) and one chosen for its fantastic, I-want-to-read-it-NOW synopsis.

This week, my picks are romance novels.

Covers Pick
book cover 1 book cover 2 book cover 3
These books sound wonderful as well from their synopsis (especially A Woman Made For Pleasure because I love the "childhood friends turned lovers" trope) but the first thing that caught my attention were their pretty covers.

Synopsis Pick
Ravishing the Heiress by Sherry Thomas
book cover
Millicent understands the terms of her arranged marriage all too well. She gets to be a Countess by marrying an impoverished Earl. And in return, the Earl Fitzhugh receives the benefit of her vast wealth, saving his family from bankruptcy. Because of her youth, they have agreed to wait eight years before consummating the marriage—and then, only to beget an heir. After which, they will lead separate lives.

It is a most sensible arrangement. Except for one little thing. Somehow Millie has fallen head over heels in love with her husband. Her husband, who has become her very best friend, but nothing more… Her husband, who plans to reunite with his childhood sweetheart, the beautiful and newly widowed Isabelle, as soon as he has honored the pact with his wife…

As the hour they truly become husband-and-wife draws near, both Millie and Fitzhugh must face the truth in their hearts. Has their pact bred only a great friendship—or has it, without either of them quite noticing, given rise to a great love?
For more information about the books featured today, click on their covers to take you to their Goodreads page.

I will be posting my review of The Midwife of Venice by Roberta Rich. Hope you stop by then!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing off all of the pretty covers. It makes me want to go read a historical romance book now. Although I have to say the historical covers always look the same with a girl in a big old fashion dress on them. I do like that Maya Banks new highlander series has steamy covers of a couple very close with plaid around them :)

    I hope you get a chance to turn your cover obsession into a reading binge and that you enjoy one or all of these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i recently read in bed with a highlander and now i want to read the other brothers' books. so good! been a while since i read a highland romance i really got excited about. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.