Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Michelle Covets: Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Geir

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: I absolutely loved the first book in the series, Ruby Red, and I curse the long wait until Sapphire Blue comes out. I WANT IT NAO!!

Cover Rant: Not sure I like the new covers though.

I liked the uniqueness of the Ruby Red cover (see below) and I was looking forward to a variation for it for Sapphire Blue. Alas, they decided to change it to the standard covers nowadays featuring a girl in a pretty dress. Sigh.


book coverSapphire Blue (Edelstein Trilogy #2) by Kerstin Geir
(Henry Holt; out October 30, 2012)
Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean. At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.
For the latest info about the Edelstein series, visit check out the author's Goodreads page. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

As for the cover, what do you guys think? Old versus new.
book cover vs. book cover


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I read this one years ago and really enjoyed it! I don't know why they changed the name of the heroine, though. o.o

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a good series, i should prob read the first one though. Love those dresses. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I just added Ruby Red to my TBR list a little while ago. I like the old and the new covers. Usually I'm not picky anyway but they both look great.

    Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hearing great things about Ruby Red and looking at the sequel makes me want to read it already! COVER LOVE! I love the dress!

    Please drop by @ my Waiting on Wednesday post here


    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually tend to like the new covers! Don't know why, but the other wouldn't catch my eyes in the bookstore.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Hangs head in shame* for not having started this series yet, lol. It looks really good and the covers are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my WoW

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this series before, actually... But based on the blurb of the second book, it sounds pretty good, though confusing. *goes to Goodreads to check out the first book*

    I like the new cover of Ruby Red. The old one is just... meh.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this series before. Looks really good though.

    I like both covers but think the old one stands out as more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is new to me, but it looks enticing.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually hadn't heard of this series either.

    And I actually kind of like the new covers. (Sheepish smile). I agree that it would catch my eye more than the old one.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book does sound good! Thanks for highlighting it!

    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I like the new cover over the old one. And I hadn't heard of this series until this post. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO excited for this book!! I really enjoyed Ruby Red!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, man... more TBR!! And what a bummer on the cover change!! I like the gutsy old cover b/c it's so different but I can see where they would think it wouldn't appeal to their target audience. The dress cover is gorgeous, too. But it IS getting overdone!!!!

    Thanks for visiting me!! New follower!
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty torn on the covers. The original cover was soooo pretty in person--that deep ruby red and just slightly shimmery. Sad that I won't have a beautiful blue one to match it. The new ones are more "trendy", I guess. I loved the series so far, though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While I like both covers, the first look more Grimm Fairy Tales and the latter more of a romance series. Either way, I'm reading this one too.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.