Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Michelle Covets: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: The synopsis reminds me of The Host but I am intrigued just the same. And Never Let Me Go meets His Dark Materials? An interesting pairing.


book coverWhat's Left of Me (Hybrid #1) by Kat Zhang
(HarperTeen; out September 18, 2012)
NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS in a beautiful, haunting YA debut, the first book in The Hybrid Trilogy.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.
For the latest info about Kat Zhang and What's Left of Me, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

18 comments:

  1. I want to read this too, it sounds like a great read. It does remind me of The Host too. Plus I love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one on someone's blog last week I think but boy, this cover is just gorgeous! And the story sounds really good as well - nothing like the books I've read before :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
    Happy reading x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured What's Left of Me a couple weeks ago. That cover. Absolutely stunning. Waiting for September should be quite the challenge!

    Great choice and thanks for visiting The Daily Bookmark. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting, I haven't heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured this one a while back too. It sure does sound intriguing, I can't wait to read it!

    Here's my WoW ♥
    Check my international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pick! I have to say that Wednesday is my favorite day because I find so many great books to add to my shelf. And this one will definitely be added! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is a really cool idea how you pick some books that are already out in stores as well as ones that aren't released yet -- it might make getting my hands on them a little less painful because I won't have to wait on them! ;)

    And this was an awesome pick to covet, Michelle! I can't wait to read What's Left of Me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my TBR list! It looks and sounds SO good! Here's my Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks amazing, I really can't wait to read it but September seems like such a long way away :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoOO this one sounds sooo freaking awesome!!! Love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound a lot like The Host. I've never read His Dark Materials and Never Let Me Go. I'll be adding these to my to-read list. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a stunning cover! Unique!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. :)

    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds amazing. I've never heard of it. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  14. whoa, this sounds AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was my pick for this week too! I just love the concept of someone having two souls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great wow pick :) Sorry for replying late and thanks for stopping by!

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reminds us of THE HOST too (our fave Stephenie Meyer book!) so it would be interesting to see what's similar and what's different.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.