Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Michelle Covets: Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: As soon as I read the synopsis, I knew I need to read this book. It sounds like a great adventure book with a great romance and action. Love the cover too!


book coverDefiance (Defiance #1) by C.J. Redwine
(out August 28, 2012)
Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.
For more info about C.J. Redwine and her books, visit her blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

23 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to this one too! I just hope it's as good as the synopsis!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I second that! :) And what a cover! Whoa!

    My pick for this week.

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this either, sounds so good. And I love the cover too :)

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh damn... This cover is amazing! I love redheads, and the gray and black... gosh, this is so on my tbr! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stepping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds exciting! Love that cover....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh this one DOES look awesome :) I AM SO EXCITED!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book's on my wishlist! The cover and blurb are amazing, aren't they? Can't wait for this one to come out. :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a great book. The cover is amazing! And a main character with my name! What's not to love! :)
    Thanks for visiting my WoW!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a really great book. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one that I'm also looking forward to. I hope it's as good as I think it will be.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of this book as well!!!! It's definitely on my TBR pile :) Thanks for stopping and looking at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing and gorgeous cover to boot! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover on this one. Hope the book lives up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another book I need to add to my to-read list. I really enjoy the fantasy books... Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Defiance has such a badass cover! Great adventure + romance + action? Oh, yes, please give me more!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  16. This cover looks so fierce! Sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover and the synopsis, definitely have to check this out! :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good one, I might just have to add it to my TBR Pile!. Thanks for stopping by and sorry for the late reply ^-^.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cover is beautiful! I have this one on my radar too, nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read this book as a book club selection and really enjoyed it. After I
    was done I was disappointed to see the sequel was not out yet!
    Fast-paced and engaged, a good read for anyone.

    Maycee (Plumbing Puyallup)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.