Tuesday, February 7, 2012

book cover Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: Adams Media
Release Date: January 15, 2012
ISBN: 978-1440527548

Source of my copy: FSB Media
Series: none
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
As a little kid, a boy would pinch the girl he liked. As a grown-up, Mark Svartz plans her ultimate demise through a number of twisted murder plots that involve lead pipes, escape routes, and David Hasselhoff. Some guys never grow up.
This book chronicles the eight months, sixteen days, and some-odd hours since Mark first laid eyes on the despicable, wretched wench he's destined to fight to the death. Every note, thought, IM, email, Post-It, and craigslist ad looking for a crime-scene clean-up is meticulously catalogued in Mark's journal.
Is it a diary of a mad man? Or a man madly in love? Who cares? It's seriously messed up. And seriously funny.


Cherry's Review:
After reading this book, I thought it was just okay but now that I think about it, it really wasn't! It's more than "just okay." This book was pretty twisted in a fun way. It described Mark Svartz's plan to fight Kelly Donahue to the death and he just met her! It's full of ridiculous plans to kill her, absurd details about her, and lots of illustrations! It was soooo silly but it was pretty amusing. At first, I thought Mark was a 10-year-old boy because young boys usually hate girls they like, so I was surprised to find that Mark was an adult!

This book is an easy read. I read it in about an hour and I couldn't put it down! I had to see if he was really going to fight her! I really wanted Kelly to win just to mess up Mark's months of planning!

This book also had a simple plot with such complicated characters even though there were only two of them! Despite this, I was totally surprised with how it ended and I think a lot of you will be too. If you need want something different from the usual young adult or even adult love stories, read this. You won't regret it! This book is freakin' awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! This one definitely sounds interesting. The title grabbed me from the start--and made me laugh, which I guess can never hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely sounds like an unusual story and if the guy does not actually kill her, I think I'd be interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you!
    Go here: http://imlostinabook.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged-in-my-mailbox-15-kindle.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.