Book Michelle Covets: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Why Michelle covets this book: It's written by Kody Keplinger. I will read everything she writes. Her two previous novels, The Duff and Shut Out, have both been winners for me.

A Midsummer's Nightmare is going to be the perfect summer read come June! So excited!!!


book coverA Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
(released June 5, 2012)
Whitley Johnsons dream summer with her divorce dad has turned into a nightmare. She’s just met his new fiancee and her kids. The fiancee’s son? Whitley’s one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin’ great.

Worse, she totally doesn’t fit in with her dad’s perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn’t even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she’s ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn’t “do” friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn’t her stepbrother... at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.

Filled with authenticity and raw emotion, Whitley is Kody Keplinger’s most compelling character to date: a cynical Holden Caulfield-esque girl you will wholly care about.
For more info about Kody Keplinger and her books, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

5 comments

  1. Yup, yet another book on my massive wishlist! Great pick and I can hardly wait for it to come out!

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-february-22-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard wonderful things about Kody Keplinger, so I'm sure this will be wonderful! I still have to read Shut Out and The DUFF though!!

    My Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea but I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one. I enjoyed Shut Out so I can't wait to try more by Kody. I'm not in love with this cover but I hope I'm in love with the story.

    I hope you enjoy this WOW book once it releases!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.