We are participating in the 2012 Debut Author Challenge

debutauthorchallenge2012This blog post is our declaration to once again participate in the Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

Last year (it's funny to say "last year" when last year was just yesterday), Leslie and I read 14 debut novels each which means we went over our goal of reading 12 debuts each. This year, 2012, our goal to read 12 YA debuts but we are going to challenge ourselves and aim for 15 each by the end of this year.

We will once again list the 2012 debuts we read on our left sidebar and we will be linking our reviews if/when we post.

Besides the Debut Author Challenge, I am also participating in the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge. I love the Goodreads challenge because it's a good way to keep track of the books I read and because it lets you know if you're behind your goal, it helps you pace yourself.
At the beginning of last year, I challenged myself to read 50 books but I ended up increasing my goal mid-year to 85 and I reached my goal. This year I am going to challenge myself to read 75 books and hopefully I'll end up reading more than 75. I'll also be listing the books I read here on the blog and linking my review for the book if/when I post.

Fellow bookaholics, if you love YA/MG books you might want more info and sign up (if you haven't already) for one or both of the challenges, go here for all the rules, list of debut books and other Debut Author Challenge 2012 info and for the Goodreads challenge go here.

1 comment

  1. Nice challenge! Especially since there are brilliant works in the debut department every year. I hope I'm one of them :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.