Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book We Covet: Revived by Cat Patrick

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 with
Why we covet this book: How creepy is that cover? The model is like an evil Barbie zombie. The disturbing cover aside, it sounds like a fantastic, edge-of-your-seat kind of thriller.

Leslie also read (and reviewed) Cat Patrick's debut Forgotten and LOVED it. She is eagerly awaiting to read more by her.


book coverRevived by Cat Patrick
(released May 8, 2012)
As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency's true goals, she realizes she's at the center of something much larger -- and more sinister -- than she ever imagined.

For more info about Cat Patrick and her books, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

14 comments:

  1. This book sounds so good! I'm eagarly awaiting this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this as well. The cover and the summary are so creeptastic :-)
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this one around but it looks a bit creepy for my taste!!! Lol but I'm still gonna read it :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book really bad. I have Forgotten but I haven't read it yet and everyone just raves about even my mom, haha! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pick, this sounds very interesting. I will definitely add it. thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog. :)

    Carly
    http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! sounds interesting. I just add it to my TBR list.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this as well. Great choice!

    My WOW

    Old follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read Forgotten but this one definitely looks awesome!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really great cover. I loved Forgotten. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about the creepy cover, something about it is really cook though too! I'm looking forward to this one as well. Have a great week! Shari
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-142012-chosen-ones.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I'M really excited for this one as well I've been looking forward to it since the cover reveal. It's taking so long! Ack!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this book sounds completely awesome! You can do anything because you know if you die, you'll get brought back!? I need to read this, for sure.

    Thanks for visiting, and for introducing this book to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey guys!

    We're doing a giveaway of this book on our blog, Tumbling Books. Check it out: tumblingbooks.blogspot.com.

    Nancy and David

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like such a cool book - that cover gives me the creeps though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.