Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Book We Covet: The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 with
Why we covet this book: We recently learned about this book but we love the sound of it: a grand adventure kind of fantasy that promises to be action-packed and fast-paced. We also love that it is based on tales from the Arabian Nights.


book coverThe Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards
(released January 17, 2012)
Magic, Djinn, Ogres, and Sorcerers. Thirteen-year-old Zardi loves to hear stories about fantastical beings, long banned from the kingdom of Arribitha. But anyone caught whispering of their powers will feel the rage of the sultan—a terrifying usurper who, even with his eyes closed, can see all.

When her own beloved sister is captured by the evil ruler, Zardi knows that she must go to any lengths to rescue her. Along with her best friend, Ridhan—a silver-haired, violet-eyed boy of mysterious origins—and an unlikely crew of sailors led by the infamous Captain Sinbad, Zardi ventures forth into strange and wondrous territory with a seemingly impossible mission: to bring magic back to Arribitha and defeat the sultan once and for all.

For more info about Jasmine and her book, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

23 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like a fun read--and what a beautiful exotic cover! Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good I haven't heard of it before I'm gonna have to put it on my tbr list, great pick and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this before, but it sounds pretty interesting. I love the font on the cover!

    My WoW: http://theawesomemagicattic.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-evil.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome, I love books that expound on a classic story. I'm a new follower. Please check out my WoW post.

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fun book! Thanks for sharing!

    I’m a new follower :)
    Here is my W.O.W. post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this sounds interesting! It's a new one to me!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. whimsical cover!

    I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for TOUCHING THE SURFACE, by Kimberly Sabatini. Releases in 2012 from Simon Pulse! Come by and check it out and comment your thoughts!!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-exclusive-cover-reveal-touching.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick, it really sounds like my kind of book. Adding it to my goodreads. Thanks for sharing. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds like something I could get into. Very nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also want to read this for a few reasons, one being the cover. Love this cover.... Great pick!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover looks good! The book sounds quite interesting! Thank you for sharing! Great choice!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first time I'm hearing of this. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, pretty cover :) And seems like an interesting book ;) Great pick.
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen this book around, but it sounds interesting. =) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I love the cover, sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh this one looks cute! I'll have to check it out :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I've seen this book before... Though I'm not sure that I'm going to read it, I admit it do sounds like a fun read.. =)

    XO, April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick!

    Check out my WOW
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-breaking-spine.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this one looks good! I think this is one that I will definitely pick up for my neice, she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow this sounds like it would be a wonderful read! Great pick I am adding it to my TBR now :).

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG. This is my kind of book. I'm an avid MG reader (with a healthy liking for YA, too). Is there any way we can get an advance copy for this? Hehe

    Thanks, Michelle, for stopping by my blog and reading my WoW post. Sorry took me sometime to visit your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I really WANT this book. I've seen the title tossed around but I haven't read a synopsis for it before now.

    I'd have to say I'm coveting Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi these days! What a great idea for a feature! Good luck with it.

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.