Book Michelle Covets: The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

Why Michelle covets this book: The two books I've read by Lauren Barnholdt I've liked (especially Two-Way Street) and I enjoy reading this particular plotline. Not a fan of the girl on the cover though.


book coverThe Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt
(released July 10, 2012)
Sixteen-year-old Kelsey Romano has always been one of the most popular girls at Concordia Prep. But after a disastrous breakup and her subsequent meltdown (um, destruction of school property, anyone?) she's kicked out of Con Prep and shipped off to Concordia High School, for good.

Seventeen-year-old Isaac Brandano has been kicked out of more prep schools than he can name. But now that his father's State Senate campaign is pushing a public school agenda, Isaac finds himself enrolled at Concordia High.

Kelsey and Isaac are destined to hate each other. And at first, they do. But when they are forced together on the creation of a new school club, sparks begin to fly. Then the club's critical event turns into chaos. Now Kelsey and Isaac must retrace their steps and figure out how and why everything got so got screwed up, who was to blame, and how they can move forward.

This new novel from fan-favorite Lauren Barnholdt showcases--through a sweet and sparkly narrative--how the last person you expect might just be the one who changes your life forever.

For more info about Lauren's other books, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. Pretty! This is the first I'm seeing of this one. It sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Sarah
    Confessions of the UnPublished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Sometimes It Happens by Lauren, and I just couldn't get myself to finish it. But maybe this one will be different. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Guen @ Ezine of a Random Girl
    If you don't mind checking out, there's a contest to win a signed copy of Nightshade by Maryrose Wood

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this sounds really good! It's a new one for me. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very "star crossed lovers" :) Cool choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds good...love it when sparks fly!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few Lauren Barnholdt books on my wishlist already, so I'll be adding this one as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren Barnholdt's new book is getting a lot of people spotlighting this week on WOW. Interesting book.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only ever read a few of Barnholdt's works but I have to admit even I'm excited for this!

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on a real YA contemporary book kick lately so I'll have to add this one to my wishlist. Though I agree about the girl on the cover. There is something strange about her expression.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.