Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Book Michelle Covets: Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 with
Why Michelle covets this book: Take a Bow sounds like my kind of book. As some of you may know, my YA genre of choice is romantic contemporary titles of the Anna and the French Kiss or The Duff variety. Also, I've read and enjoyed Elizabeth Eulberg's previous novel, Prom & Prejudice (modern retelling of Pride & Prejudice) so I expect I'll like this novel as well.


article 5Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
(released April 1, 2012)
From the fantastic author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom & Prejudice comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

For more info about Take a Bow, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments:

  1. I loved both books by Elizabeth Eulberg that I've read. I like how she incorporates music into her books. This is going on my TBR list. Fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one before it sounds original I'm curious about it. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the cover, sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I'm so looking forward to this one. I'm anxious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of Elizabeth Eulberg and I'm also a fan of stories set in performing arts schools, so this one is a Win!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read a book by Elizabeth. After such awesome praise, I'm gonna have to read her!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god! first time I see this book =9 thnx for sharing ^__^
    New follower =)

    MY WOW

    Check out my giveaway! 3 winners and 12 hot YA titles from where you can choose from! ^_^
    My Giveaway!

    Happy reading! ^.^
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need to check this one out! Sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds very interesting. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.