Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why Michelle covets this book: I really enjoyed Diana's Killer Unicorn series and I am eager to read more by her. Also, For Darkness Shows the Stars is a sci-fi fantasy inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion--how awesome is that?!


book coverFor Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
(released June 12, 2012)
Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliott wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.

But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret—-one that could change the society in which they live…or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen’s PERSUASION, FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.

For more info about Lauren's other books, visit her website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

19 comments:

  1. I really need to read the killer unicorn series! This one looks pretty amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book cover!! I definitely have to read this one too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it sounds really sweet. And the cover is unbelievably gorgeous, even though we are tired of girls in pretty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that it's inspired by Persuasion by Jane Austen. That makes it more interesting for me. The cover is really nice to. Great pick

    Andrea
    Cozy Up With A Good Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also on my list! This book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great choice! Should be pretty great since it's based on an Austen novel.Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow great choice. I've only read Rampant by this author, but I can definitely get on board with this. Love the Jane Austen tie-in too - seems to be a trend lately, no? Added to my TBR. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was my pick last week! The cover is so beautiful ♥ Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cover. This book is on my wishlist as well. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo yes definitely waiting for this one! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The premise of this one sounds totally different and out there! I'm always wary of retellings of classics, but Persuasion hasn't been done much and this does sound very fresh. Plus, it has a pretty cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE this cover! Officially my fave of this week :) Great WoW pick...can't wait for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That book sounds pretty interesting, and a very nice cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the premise of this book sounds totally amazing! great pick! thnx for stopping by ^^

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cover a lot! It's very pretty! I also like the story, and I think it's very interesting!! Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  16. New book for me, sounds right up my alley. Off to add to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this does sound fantastic. I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.