Books We Covet: Struck by Jennifer Bosworth and About ThaT Night by Julie James

Why we covet this book: Lighting? Post-apocalyptic Los Angeles? Creepy cults? Struck sounds like it's going to be an epic read.


book coverStruck by Jennifer Bosworth (out May 8, 2012)
Mia Price is a lightning addict.

She’s been struck so many times she’s lost count. She can’t sleep, she’s covered in veiny red “lightning scars,” and repeated strikes have even stopped her heart on occasion. Still, Mia can’t resist a storm.

That's why Los Angeles, where it never rains, is the perfect place for her to find peace . . . until a massive earthquake devastates the city.

Now Mia finds herself struggling to hold her family together in a strange and terrifying new version of Los Angeles. The beaches have become massive tent cities populated by millions of homeless. Downtown is a wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the attendees drawn to the destruction by a magnetic force they cannot deny.

The blind prophet of a doomsday cult called the Church of Light, who predicted the earthquake with frightening accuracy, says a storm is coming to usher in the end of days, and only his Followers will be saved. Mia’s traumatized mom has become obsessed with the Church of Light, while her younger brother Parker is desperate to join a second doomsday cult called the Seekers. But Mia is the one both cults need.

The Seekers are recruiting people with an energy-based power they call the “Spark,” and Mia has it stronger than most. They claim the false prophet of the Church of Light will bring about the end of the world, and they are the only ones who can stand against him.

But without Mia on their side, they will fail.

Mia’s lightning addiction is both the key to saving the world . . . and destroying it.

For more info about Struck, clicking on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


Why Michelle covet this book: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Julie James's books.


book coverAbout That Night by Julie James (out April 3, 2012)
HE’S PLAYING GAMES

Though Rylann Pierce tried to fight the sparks she felt for billionaire heir Kyle Rhodes the night they met, their sizzling chemistry was undeniable. But after being stood up on their first date, Rylann never expected to see him again. So when she finds herself face to face with Kyle in a courthouse nine years later, she’s stunned. More troubling to the beautiful Assistant U.S. Attorney is that she’s still wildly attracted to him.

BUT SHE’S MAKING THE RULES

Just released from prison, Kyle Rhodes isn’t thrilled to be the star witness in a high-profile criminal case — but when Rylann comes knocking at his door, he finds she may be the one lawyer he can’t say no to. Still as gorgeous and sharp-tongued as ever, she lays down the law: she doesn’t mix business with pleasure. But Kyle won’t give up on something he wants — and what he wants is the one woman he’s never forgotten...

For more info about About That Night and Julie other books, visit her website. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. Great choices. I discovered Struck I think 2 weeks ago and added it to my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Struck myself it sounds awesome! Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my WoW :) I'm definitely intrigued by your pick..not come across it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh saw Struck earlier today and think it looks pretty good! Love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I saw this book the other day and I thought is sounded SO COOL! Lightning addict? Is that not a completely original and intriguing idea or what?? ;)

    Awesome pick for your WOW, you guys! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Thanks for checking out my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think Struck sounds cool. Very different!

    Our WOW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read my first Julie James this year, so I'm a bit behind. I'll be adding this one to the TBR. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really in the mood for a good romance so I came over to see if you have anything to recommend. I'm still looking but had to stop to comment when I noticed that there's a new Julie James book coming out. Can't wait 'til April!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.