Book Michelle Covets: The Gathering Storm (Katerina Alexandrovna #1) by Robin Bridges

Why Michelle covets this book: For my job in the library, I recently learned to transliterate Russian text to English. As I work with the Russian stuff, I can't help but be fascinated by the culture, the art and history. The Gathering Storm is set in Russian in 1888 and it sounds like something I would really, REALLY enjoy.


article 5The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
(released January 10, 2012)
St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.

An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including two young men—George Alexandrovich, the tsar's standoffish middle son, who needs Katerina's help to safeguard Russia, even if he's repelled by her secret, and the dashing Prince Danilo, heir to the throne of Montenegro, to whom Katerina feels inexplicably drawn.

The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?

For more info and to read an excerpt about The Gathering Storm, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

9 comments

  1. I've got this on my TBR list too. I think it sounds fascinating. Do you work in an academic library (I'm a librarian in a public library)? That is amazing that you can transliterate Russian. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet The Paper Garden but fat chance of finding that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of this book makes me feel cold!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to read this soon! It sounds soooooo interesting.



    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really developing an interest in Russian history lately and this book has been on my radar, too. Love the cover.
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cover makes me crave snow!

    I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am quite impressed that your job has you learning such things as translanting Russian text. I am also intrigued with this book because of the Russia history,which has always interested me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @christina t and @jan -
    i work in my university's library while i pursue my MLISc. one of the things i do is merely converting the russian script into roman script. i don't speak russian or anything like that (i wish!). the job sounds fancier than it really is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.