Book Michelle Covets: The Academie by Susanne Dunlap

Hello fellow book fanatics! First of all, we want to apologize for the lack of post lately. Leslie has always been in school but now that I am back in school for my MLISc (Master in Library and Information Science), there has been less time for blogging. October was especially brutal with so many papers due and midterms to study for. BUT! But, November should be a lot less busy and there will be more reviews, author interviews, giveaways and other fun posts from us... well, me, at least. Anyway, I hope you all are having a wonderful week, happy [almost] Halloween, and happy reading!

Why Michelle covets this book: I love my historical young adult and I'm particularly excited for this one because it's a "plain" historical--no paranormal or fantasy elements to it. I haven't read a straight-up historical YA in a while.


article 5The Academie by Susanne Dunlap
(released April 10, 2012)
Eliza Monroe-daughter of the future president of the United States-is devastated when her mother decides to send her to boarding school outside of Paris. But the young American teen is quickly reconciled to the idea when-ooh, la-la!-she discovers who her fellow pupils will be: Hortense de Beauharnais, daughter of Josephine Bonaparte; and Caroline Bonaparte, youngest sister of the famous French general. It doesn't take long for Eliza to figure out that the two French girls are mortal enemies-and that she's about to get caught in the middle of their schemes.

Loosely drawn from history, Eliza Monroe's imagined coming of age provides a scintillating glimpse into the lives, loves, and hopes of three young women during one of the most volatile periods in French history.

For more info and to read an excerpt about The Academie, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

12 comments

  1. Sounds like a good book! I think i might check this one out =)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Have a nice day!
    Sandra @ RatherBarefoot than bookless

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to realize that this is a historical novel. It looks to be a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really good book! I'm excited for it, now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, love the sound of this one! Haven't heard of it before but it looks great. The cover is pretty cool too! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this one just last week for the first time and it does look very good! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, Michelle - I love historical young adult fiction. It is my favorite genre of all. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that dress she's wearing on the cover :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is gorgeous and certainly a different YA story. Adding it to my tbr as well. Thanks Michelle! and tell Leslie good luck with school too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coveting my book! I have other straight historical if you like that genre: The Musician's Daughter, Anastasia's Secret, and In the Shadow of the Lamp. (And the dress is gorgeous, I agree!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.