Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read

toptentuesday
"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new Top Ten list topic every week and this week is "Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read."

These days I prefer standalone books or companion books rather than series books (see our rant) but I am currently following a number of series, both in young adult and romance. So, in no particular order, here are the sequels I am dying to read:

1. Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
After that cliffhanger ending in Delirium, I am dying to read what will happen next to Lena and Alex.

2. Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins
Just when I thought I was over paranormal young adult earlier this year, I discovered and I fell in love with this awesome paranormal series. I really excited to read the conclusion of the series in Spell Bound.

3. Enshadowed (Nevermore #2) by Kelly Creagh
I really enjoyed Nevermore but it ended in a cliffhanger ending with one of the characters being left in a really bad place. I can't wait to see what happens to him in Enshadowed.

4. Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica #2) by Beth Fantaskey
I'm eager to see the next chapter of in the life of vampire princess Jessica and her new husband Lucius.

5. Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth #2) by Stacey Kade
This sequel to The Ghost and the Goth (which I really enjoyed) is already out and I have a copy of it waiting for me on my shelf. I just need to find time to read it.

6. He's So Not Worth It (He's So/She's So #2) by Kieran Scott
This is the sequel of She's So Dead to Us and is already out in store. I already have this one on my shelf too and another one of those that I just need to find time to read.

pandemoniumspellboundenshadowed
jessicaqueenofthedeadhessonotworthit

The next four sequels do not have covers yet:

7. Girl of Nightmares (Anna Dressed in Blood #2) by Kendare Blake
I read Anna Dressed In Blood a couple of days ago. I immediately tweeted the author right after and asked if there was going to be a sequel. It didn't end in a typical cliffhanger but there were unanswered questions and I just wanted to spend more time with the characters.

8. The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures #4) by Jennifer Ashley
After getting to know and falling in love with the Mackenzie brothers in the first three books of the Highland Pleasures series, I am dying to read Hart's book. We also got a glimpse of him and his heroine in book three which made me want to read this book now.

9. About That Night (FBI #3) by Julie James
Julie James is my go-to author for fun and sexy contemporary romance. I've read and love all her books except for her debut (which I have waiting for me on my shelf). I'm so excited to read Kyle's book--he was introduced in A Lot Like Love (book #2).

10. Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling #11) by Nalini Singh
This is the next one after Hawke and Sienna's book, Kiss of Snow. Hawke and Sienna are my all-time favorite couple in the series and I read somewhere that they are going to be in this book a lot so I'm really excited to read it. And I'm sure Riaz and Adria (they are the main couple in Tangle of Need) are going to be pretty awesome too.

**Click on the book covers for #1-6 and the titles for #7-10 more information the books.**

24 comments

  1. I love the Kieran Scott books! In my research for my Top Ten post, I learned the title of the third book! Can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I can't wait to read Pandemonium and Spell Bound. I really liked Nevermore so Enshadowed is also one I'll probably pick up next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first three are ones I am dying to read too. I will have to check out some of the others as I have not yet read the first books. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I nearly put spell bound on mine and then I never for some reason lol I have the ghost and the goth to read (got it as a RAK :D) it looks like a lot of fun and must be good if you have the second one in your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I can't wait to read Nevermore - glad it's taken me so long because the wait for book 2 would kill me! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Delirium. Not sure when I will get to it but it is up there on my TBR. I am also waiting on Hex Hall #3. I love Rachel's snark and humor! :)

    Problem with sequels is the WAITING.
    Great list.
    Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kieran Scott's books are fantastic! That's a great sequel, so I hope you get to it soon! Thanks for stopping by :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading Demonglass at the moment so I am looking forward to Spellbound as well. Pandemonium was on my list too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I've been waiting for Pandemonium forever! Thanks for the scoop on Anna Dressed in Blood #2 - I added it to the TBR. Just reading Anna now. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seen quite a few people mentioning the Jessica books lately. I think I may need to check the first one out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! There are a lot of series on it that I have been wanting to read, but haven't made it to yet (especially the Hex Hall and Nevermore books), so it's good to hear you enjoyed them... I'll have to check them out asap!

    And yes! You must get to Unearthly! I am really not into the whole angel-fad, but this book blew me away.

    Thanks for the visit, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I've been meaning to read Delirium and I can't wait for Spellbound.

    Thanks for stopping by In Libiris Veritas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Almost all of these books I still need to read the first book! They're all in my TBR pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I quite enjoyed Nevermore, so I'll be picking up Enshadowed at some point too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like I need to seek out Kieren Scott books.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for Spellbound!! I wasn't even aware Anna Dressed in Blood #2 had a name yet! I'm so excited for it as well. :) Great list!~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got Enshadowed on my list - even though I've not yet read Nevermore! Call me goofy.

    Thanks for visiting my site. Your list is fun, I've added a few to my TBR list from it.

    Ree @ LiteraryObsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier... I read Delirium earlier this year and it was a really interesting book. I also look forward to reading the sequel. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! I love Julie James's books, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, so many good ones - I'm looking forward to Pandemonium and Spell Bound too! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. RIIIGHT!?!?! Anna Dressed in Blood left SO many questions unanswered!! WAHH!! I'm so glad there is going to be a sequel! CAS <3

    oh! Pandemonium and Jessica Rules the Dark Side! I'm excited for those tooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great List! I love Julie James' books as well. I have only read two of her books and want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.