Tuesday, September 13, 2011

toptentuesday
"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new Top Ten list topic every week and this week is "Top Ten Books I Read Because Of Another Blogger" in honor of Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

Many of the books that became my favorites I initially picked up because of one blogger or a bunch of bloggers raving about it.

jellicoe road1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
A few bloggers (and I don't remember who they were) did special posts about this title so I had to read it to see for myself.

2. Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James
Rowena of Book Binge was always raving about Julie James's books so I picked up Practice Makes Perfect. After reading it, I immediately bought more books by Julie James and now she's go-to author for contemporary romance.

3. Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
Alyssa of Teens Read and Write wrote an awesome review of Ice that made me read want to read it. I did, I loved it and now it's one of my all-time favorite books.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (and the other books in the series)
After all the rave reviews of bloggers, I finally picked up The Hunger Games.

graceling5. Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
I wanted a fun contemporary read so I was browsing on Goodreads when I ran across this book. After reading Steph's (of Steph Su Reads) review, I just had to pick it up.

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Another one I picked up after all the rave reviews from numerous book bloggers.

7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Yet another one I picked up after all the rave reviews from numerous book bloggers and it became an instant favorite of mine after I read it.

8. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
There was a lot of rave reviews of this book so when I ran across it while browsing at Borders, I just had to buy it. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would but I still enjoyed it.

lady isabella's scandalous marriage9. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures #2) by Jennifer Ashley
I discovered this romance novel and the author when a blogger (and I don't remember who) featured this book on their "Waiting on Wednesday" post. I love the reunited lovers premise so I pre-ordered it. I ended up loving it and now Jennifer Ashley has become my go-to author for historical romances. I'm currently obsessed with her Highland Pleasures series and I'm counting down the days until the next book is out.

10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Another one I picked up after all the rave reviews from numerous book bloggers.

8 comments:

  1. Hunger Games is true for me too. I neeeed to read Anna and the French Kiss. I've read so many great reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you read and liked Julie James. She's pretty frickin' awesome and her stories never fail to keep me coming back for more.

    Lots of the books you mentioned are books that I've also read because of the praise they got around the blogs. Sometimes, you just can't help yourself, right? But it's all good because isn't that why we blog? To get others to read the books that we're loving? I think we're all doing good things with our book recs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look great. Graceling's come up a lot, think I may finally pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graceling!!! YES! I love this book so much. The fact that another blogger helped you find it seriously makes me so excited! haha! Plus, I'm getting the hint that I need to read If I Stay....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good ones! I've read several of those because of bloggers too. Plus Possession, Liar Society, Hating Game, Watching Willow Watts, City of Bones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up Graceling as my first audio book after reading a review of it and have been so thankful because one it was a fantastic book and two it was one of the best audio books ever. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graceling also did become my favorite, as well as Hunger Games. I'm so glad I gave them a shot.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.