Monday, September 12, 2011

Mass Paperback: 336 pages (ARC: 400 pages)
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Release Date: September 6, 2011
ISBN: 9780505528735
Source of my copy: publisher
Series: Eternal Guardians #3

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
DEMETRIUS—He’s the hulking, brooding warrior his fellow Guardians avoid. Too dark. Too damaged. And given his heritage, he knows it’s best to keep everyone at arm’s length.
Isadora is missing. The words pounded through his head like a frantic drumbeat. For her own protection, Demetrius had done all he could to avoid the fragile princess, his soul mate. And now she was gone—kidnapped. To get her back, he’ll have to go to the black place in his soul he’s always shunned. As daemons ravage the human realm and his loyalty to the Guardians is put to the ultimate test, Demetrius realizes that Isadora is stronger than anyone thought. And finally letting her into his heart may be the only way to save them both.


Michelle's Review:
Tempted is the third book in Elisabeth Naughton's Eternal Guardian series which which follows seven eternal guardian warriors descended from the greatest heroes of Ancient Greece. They were cursed by the goddess Hera to a soulmate. This novel was Isadora and Demetrius's story.

I did read the first book in the series, Marked, when it came out over a year ago but I didn't get a chance to re-read it or read the second book in the series before starting Tempted. As a result I was confused in the beginning of this book, not necessarily on who is who but of the over-arching storyline involving the prophecy, why Isadora and her half-sisters were important, Isadora's connection to Hades and Atalanta, among other things. After the first five or so chapters, I caught on somewhat. When the story became more about Isadora and Demetrius, I was able to enjoy the story more.

I enjoyed the all action most of all in this book. Ms. Naughton can write really great action scenes that I can picture in my head. Besides the fighting and battle scenes, I also really liked the characters of Isadora and Demetrius--both were secondary characters in the previous books in the series and when I read Marked, I thought Isadora's hero was going to be someone else (**ahemNickahem**). But I'm a glad Isa and D ended up being paired together because I think they needed each other. Demetrius was a tortured hero. He had dark secrets and he didn't really feel he belonged with the Argonauts (aka the eternal guardians warriors). Isadora was seen by others as a fragile princess and weak and she believed herself to be. Demetrius had always known she was his soulmate but he knew he was all wrong for her and always pushed her away. It wasn't love at first sight for Isadora. She didn't like Demetrius in the beginning because he was a jerk to her but when they got stuck on an island together she realized that there's more to Demetrius than meets the eye. Watching these two come together and Isadora become a stronger, more assertive character was great. I didn't think I was going to like Demetrius in the beginning but I did--both he and Isadora were likable characters and their romance satisfying.

Tempted has action, a steamy romance, great characters and wonderful world building. If you're tired of vampires and werewolves in your paranormal romances, then you should definitely pick up the Eternal Guardian series. However, I recommend you start with Marked (book one) or Entwined (book two) before picking up Tempted that way you'll be familiar with the characters and the series plot. Overall, Tempted was a fun read and a great addition to the series. I'm eager to read the next book in the series, Enraptured (Orpheus's story).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.