Sunday, September 4, 2011

In Our Mailbox (41)

Sunday, September 4, 2011 with
It was an awesome book week for Leslie and me!

For review books, we are super excited for After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel, besides the pretty cover it's an alternating perspective story and we love reading those. I'm also really excited for the fantastic-looking romance books for review and won.

For August R.A.K, we got Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini from the wonderful Becky of Stories and Sweeties. Thank you!

For Review
After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel
The Popularity Rules by Abby MacDonald
Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves
Don't Mess With Texas by Christie Craig
To Wed a Wild Lord by Sabrina Jeffries (unsolicited)
(A big THANK YOU to Sourcebooks, Forever/Grand Central Publishing, Pocket/Simon & Schuster and Bloomsbury for sending us the books.)

Won
It Happened One Christmas by Kaitlin O'Riley
A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant
(Thank you Kensington and Cecilia!)

R.A.K
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

I recently read our ARC copy of Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (review coming this week) and I absolutely LOVED it so I'm super excited that we got a beautiful finished copy. And, yup, we did get another ARC copy of All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin so that means there will be a giveaway in the near future.
Surprise
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
(A big THANK YOU to MacMillan.)

But I'm especially excited for the books from my Borders haul because I got books that I've been wanting to read like Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales and Moonglass by Jessi Kirby.

Borders Haul

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Evernight by Claudia Gray
Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman by Lorraine Heath


Swag
Venom Squad Bookmarks, Stickers and Button from Tera Lynn Childs
(I'm part of the Venom Squad so I'll be handing the bookmarks and stickers to my favorite library this week.)
Justine Magazine from Random Buzzers
(Random Buzzers was offering a subscription to Justine magazine earlier this week so we signed up. We were surprised to get our first copy already. Thanks Random Buzzers!)


What did you guys get in your mailbox?

inourmailbox
"In My Mailbox" is a weekly event that gives book bloggers a chance share with each other what books got added to their to-be-read pile for the week. It was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

30 comments:

  1. A fat mailbox which I hope you will love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME mailbox this week! I have Starcrossed waiting for me at the library, I can hardly wait to go get it right away Tuesday! Here is the link to my IMM...

    http://bumpsintheroad1.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-september-3-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so many pretties!! Awesome mailbox!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books! I loved Evernight. Hope you enjoy them all, Happy Reading! :) Here's my IMM:

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Moonglass! I want to read The Adoration of Jenna Fox too. I've heard so many good things about it. I hope you enjoy all of these. What a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great pile you got there. I'm eager to get a copy of After Obsession.
    Happy reading!

    Here's mine: The Blair Book Project IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great Borders haul! I still haven't read Evernight but it is on my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW you guys got some amazing stuff! I'm super excited for Adoration of Jenna Fox and After Obsession! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Definitely a new follower!

    Literary Exploration: In My Mailbox [3]

    ReplyDelete
  9. All These Things I've Done and Anna Dressed in Blood are definitely on my TBR list! I want to pick up Mostly Good Girls, too! Nice books this week :0)

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books! I loved Mostly Good Girls and Moonglass, and I can't wait to pick up Anna Dressed in Blood! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Imm. I can't wait for After Obsession.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower- Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books this week! I can't wait to read Starcrossed.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read Starcrossed. I have a copy here, but need to read some other books before reading it. Enjoy your books!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous of some of the books you got this week! I'm dying to read All These Things I've Done and I've heard so many good things about The Adoration of Jenna Fox! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice bunch of books! I just read All These Things I've Done and enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Starcrossed! Anna Dressed in Blood looks awesome, so does After Obsession! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul ladies! I'm looking forward to Anna Dresses In Blood. Looks soo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang, nice week! Starcrossed, Adoration of Jenna Fox, All These Things I've Done-want!
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, so jealous of After Obsession and Anna Dressed In Blood, I want them both so bad but I'm broke :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...great week...:)Some of those are on my to buy list! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Crowded mailbox! I want to read Anna Dressed In Blood and All These Things I've Done soooo badly! I also really want to read Mostly Good Girls and Moonglass. I've heard good things about Jenna Fox, and also Claudia Gray -- I own Evernight but haven't read it. So many books to read! Great IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anna Dressed in Blood is high on my list. I'm also really excited about Starcrossed - it looks so good. Happy reading!

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Book haul. I've been dying to get my hands on Anna dressed in blood, and After Obsession. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. I *just* finished All These Things I've Done today, and it was AMAZING!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Starcrossed and after obsession are 2 books I want to get! AWESOME Haul! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great books! I want anna dressed in blood so bad!

    Be sure to enter my 500 follower giveaway :)

    My IMM- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm dying to read Anna Dressed in Blood (just like everyone else I know:) After the Obsession had such a cool cover....enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic haul of books. I am desperate to read All These Things I've done but it's proving to be very hard to get a hold of or even preorder in the UK so I'm green with envy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, what awesome books! I'm dying to read Anna Dressed in Blood, All These Things I've Done, and Don't Mess with Texas. Can't wait to read your reviews!

    I'm a new follower. :)
    Andie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.