Monday, September 19, 2011

As part of the Forever Texas Blog Tour, we are delighted to welcome author Jane Graves--she is the author of Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (don't you just love how the title just rolls off the tongue?)...

heartstrings and diamond rings
HE'S THE MAN OF HER DREAMS . . .

In a world full of frogs, Alison Carter is determined to find her prince. Maybe her dating past is more Titanic than Love Boat, but she's seen enough happy marriages to know that true love is possible. No matter what, she won't give up on happily-ever-after. If she can't find Mr. Right, she'll simply hire someone who can.

SHE JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT YET

When Brandon Scott inherits a successful matchmaking business, he thinks his prayers have been answered. Set up a few lonely ladies, collect the fee, how hard can it be? No one needs to know he's not really a professional matchmaker-especially not his first client, the beautiful, spirited Alison. Soon he's falling for her-and her dreams of kids and carpools. But Alison is getting close to figuring out his secret, and if she learns he's deceived her too, she'll walk right out the door, taking Brandon's heart with her.

We asked Jane to share with us random facts about the heroine and hero of Heartstrings and Diamond Rings, among other things. Check out her answers:

5 songs in the Heartstrings and Diamond Rings soundtrack.
I wish I could tell you even one song, but I'm just not a music person. I know…that's really weird. The only sound I can listen to when I write is white noise. The neighbor can be running a chainsaw next door, and it doesn't bother me a bit. But put on music, and I can't concentrate on writing. I wish I could use music to put me in the mood for my story because it works so well for other writers, but my brain apparently runs on only one track at a time!

4 random facts about Alison Carter.
She lives in a brand-new condominium, but it's filled with antique furniture.

She has three cats. Four, she says, is the cutoff between normal pet owner and crazy cat lady. In truth, the crazy cat lady cutoff is the number of cats she has at any one time…plus one.

She's a fairly traditional person, yet she owns a pair of hot pink pumps with heels so stratospheric she could peek into a third story window.

She once had a date with a man who grew marijuana in the backseat of his car. It was a short‑lived relationship.

3 random facts about Brandon Scott.
He spent most of his teenage years as a pool hustler.

He spent years flipping houses, making a fortune as a real estate investor. Now the market has gone south, leaving him essentially broke.

He doesn't have a clue about how to be a matchmaker, but that doesn't stop him. If he decides to be a success at something, get out of the way, because he's going to make it happen.

2 things you must have while writing (besides the essentials).
A cup of coffee and a scented candle. We have one of those cool Keurig coffee makers—I just love those little K-Cups you stick in there, flip the lid, push the button, and voila, a cup of coffee. And it must be Butter Toffee coffee from Gloria Jean's. I also have about a gazillion candles. Every time I go shopping with my daughter, I plant myself in the candle aisle and start sniffing. She's actually been known to call my husband and say, "Mom's smelling candles again! Find more cabinet space!" If I can't kick the habit on my own, one of these days she's going to do an intervention.

1 favorite scene from Heartstrings and Diamond Rings.
Brandon makes several attempts at matchmaking on Alison's behalf, and the dates go a little…well, awry. Okay, a lot awry. After match number three, which sets the record for Worst Date Ever, Alison finds Brandon at their favorite bar and confronts him, determined to fire him once and for all. In her frustration, though, she starts tossing back one martini after another. The dialogue that comes next was a blast to write. Hope readers enjoy it!


*****
A big thanks to Jane for stopping by our blog today and for answering our questions. Heartstrings and Diamond Rings will be out in stores on October 1st. To learn more about Jane's books, check out her website, Facebook and follow her on Twitter.


**Check out our Q&A with Christie Craig. Then, look for a post later today for a chance to WIN both Don't Mess with Texas and Heartstrings and Diamond Rings.**

(Tell us your thoughts about the interview and/or Heartstrings and Diamond Rings to gain +3 extra points in the giveaway.)

18 comments:

  1. I got a chuckle out of Jane (and Alison's) information about when exactly one becomes a crazy cat lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes I think I'm a crazy cat lady, and I have only ONE. But she's a lotta cat, you know? She's rather rotund, and when she flies around the house as if her tail's on fire looking for trouble, it's as if we have four of the little darlings.

    Here's her little piece of the web:

    http://www.janegraves.com/izzysspace.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing pot in a car - that's interesting lol
    msboatgal at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute title! It sounds like a really fun book to read. You hooked me with that little blurb about your favorite scene.
    castings at mindspring dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a real hoot. The fact that the hero inherits a matchmaking service makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane. Great interview. Your book sounds wonderful. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mbreakfield...you know, I'd read a lot of books where the heroine was a matchmaker for the hero (I'd even written one) but never the other way around. Thought it would be kinda fun to put a guy in that role and see what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Jane on the new release. My cousin's neighbor has one of those Keurig coffee machines. I wouldn't mind getting one for Christmas.

    janie1215 AT excite DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our daughter gave us the Keurig coffee maker for Christmas a few years back. Best gift EVER. It makes tea and hot chocolate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the post and I'm looking forward to reading Heartstrings and Diamond Rings. It sounds like a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Heartstrings and Diamond Rings sounds like so much fun - can't wait to read it. I did try to play matchmaker for a male friend once. He's been my husband for 13 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blurb and the book is on my TRL. Can't wait to read the conversation between Alison and Brandon. :)Thanks for the opportunity.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your upcoming new release. I can't wait to get my hands on Heartstrings and Diamond Rings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog! Thanks so much for having me. If you read Heartstrings and Diamond Rings, drop me an email. I'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @jane graves: thanks so much for stopping by and for chatting with us, jane!

    and also, thank you to everybody who took the time to comment. don't forget to enter the giveaway if you haven't yet. good luck to everyone! :)

    -michelle & leslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a great interview, ty for sharing! I've been interested in this book ever since I saw the title. The blurb sounds great and I loved the fun facts about Alison and Brandon. It sounds like I am going to love reading their story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the interview to get to know Ms.Graves and her characters a bit more.

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.