Book Michelle Covets: Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Why Michelle covets this book: It's a dystopian romance. 'Nuff said.


article 5Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
(out February 14, 2012)
New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard for her to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It’s hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.

Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.

That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.

For more info and to read an excerpt about Article 5, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. I just saw this on another blog for the first time it sounds really cool! Great pick.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this one is definitely on our TBR list! :)

    Thanks for dropping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely covet-worthy, I've got this on my wishlist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a fan of dystopia but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still easing into dystopian novels myself! For me, there's gotta be some paranormal in it for me to be interested! But have seen this one around lately and it does sound pretty decent!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree this book looks awesome and I'm also anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love the cover! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my TBR list - sounds good!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting concept, looks like it will be a good read!
    Thanks for stopping by CBS today

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.