Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why Leslie covets this book: The first book in the series, Falling Under, was one of my favorite paranormal reads of 2011--I loved it! I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel and read what's going to happen next for Theia and Haden. Love the cover too!


dreamingawakeDreaming Awake (Falling Under #2) by Gwen Hayes
(out January 3, 2012)
She fell for him in a nighttime world. But the time for dreaming is past—and the here-and-now can be just as fragile their love…

When Theia Alderson first encountered a mysterious, handsome boy in her dreams, she never imagined how finding Haden Black—and falling in love—could change her life. To save Haden, Theia sacrificed everything. And the dangerous bargain she made could have lasting repercussions.

Now Theia has returned to Serendipity Falls, and she finds herself struggling with the same deadly hungers that have tortured Haden. When students at their high school fall prey to a mysterious illness, Theia can’t help but wonder if Haden’s control is slipping—and how much longer she’ll have a grip on her own.

And still the nightmare realm of Under won’t let them go. Someone from Haden’s past is determined to destroy Theia from the inside out, starting with those closest to her, forcing Theia to choose between family and friends and a love that may have been doomed from the start…
For more info and to read an excerpt about Dreaming Awake, visit the author's blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

24 comments:

  1. I am intrigued! I want to know exactly what Haden is and what is happening to the students. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet, but it's on my list. Glad to hear you liked it so much! The covers are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Falling Under! I'm hoping to get a copy soon to read! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second time I've seen this today. Guess I need to read book one! LOL

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-wicked-circle-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!

    I haven't read either, but I'll definitely be adding these to my TBR list!

    Jess
    The Romanceaholic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved FALLING UNDER and am looking forward to reading the sequel!
    My WoW is BETWEEN THE SEA AND SKY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not read Falling Under yet...judging by the reviews, I should though!
    Thanks for stopping by
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks very good. I still have to pick up bk one though. A beautiful cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaargh, Falling Under is standing on my shelf and waits for me to pick it up. :D Definitely need to read this soon.
    Thanks for sharing the info about the sequel with us. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Falling Under, but I'm adding it and Dreaming Awake to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed Falling Under and after reading the summary of Dreaming Awake I am sorry I did. Excellent pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read the first book yet but this one looks awesome!!!


    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9-tempest.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read the first one, but that dress she's wearing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been wanting to read the first one. I keep on wanting to buy at but never get a chance. Great pick. The girl on the cover is really pretty. Thanks for commenting on ours.

    Gabrielle @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  15. i haven't read the first one, and also don't know if i will. a lot of people liked it, so maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't get through the first book, so probably won't pick this one up, but it sounds like it has a solid fan base!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please enter me in contest. I would love to read this book. It sounds very good. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the dress that girl's got on! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't been able to get my hands on the first book yet, but heard loads of good things about this series. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was wary of Falling Under being too much like all the other Twilight-inspired books out there, but after seeing so many rave reviews I had to buy it! Now I just have to read it and get caught up for this sequel -- the covers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this.website hostings

    web hosting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.