Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Need to Re-read

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 with
toptentuesday
"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new Top Ten list topic every week and this week is a freebie--a top ten list of anything in literature. I decided to list books I need to re-read sometime in the near future:

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
After watching Deathly Hallows Pt. 2, I knew I had to re-read the whole entire series all over again.

annakarenina2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Before I started book blogging and have more books on my shelf than I have time to read, I used to re-read P&P once a year.

3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I read this novel in high school. I need to read it now with adult eyes.

4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Another book I used to re-read once a year before I had more books on my to-be-read shelf that I know what to do with them.

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I devoured this book because it was so good. I didn't take the time to appreciate all the nuances and details.

6. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
I just want to experience this book all over again.

crownduel7. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
I read this book in high school and I remember really, really loving it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the story anymore but this book pops up once in a while and everyone seems to love it too.

8. Joining by Johanna Lindsey
One of the first romances I've ever read, if not the first that got me hooked. I found this book in my mom's romance novel stash when I was 13 years old and devoured it in one day. I wonder if I'd love it as much as I did back then.

9. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
One of my all-time favorite book. Another book I used to re-read every year until my TBR pile exploded.

10. Dracula by Bram Stoker
Another book I read in high school that I need to re-read with adult eyes.

19 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Crown Duel; own both paperback and digital copy for my Kindle. The Kindle edition has added content with Vidanric as the narrator.

    I re-read books all the time. Nice idea for a list! :) Might need to borrow it the next time we have a freebie Tuesday.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I'm impressed with this list of books you've already read and want to reread! Fantastic list. Wish I'd at least read these once. ;->

    Here's my Top Ten Freebie: Top Ten Books-about-Books! And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Karenina has been on my to-read list forever, I really should get to it. I just recently started re-reading The Hunger Games, it's still fantastic :0) To Kill a Mockingbird is great, too. I re-read that one every now and then. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Johanna Lindsey novel was one of my first romances I enjoyed. My mom gave me a box of her books the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great reads! The only one I haven't read on your list is Ella Enchanted, I'll have to get to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! :D I've read quite a few of those and I totally agree that they would be great to reread. I've been trying to plan in the time to reread Harry Potter for a while now, but I want to read all 7 back to back... I'm the same with The Hunger Games too. Read them so fast that I'm sure I missed stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic idea for a list! My list would be sooo long. I completely agree with the Harry Potter series. Haven't picked up one of those books in quite a while. Same with the Hunger Games. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rereading is almost as good as reading for the first time. We often discover things that we completely overlooked on the first read.

    I am listening to the unabridged Harry Potter books on audio book right now (which counts as a reread) and having them read to me instead of reading them myself is bringing up all kinds of details I completely missed when I read them (and I have read the first four several times each).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big re-reader, but this is a great list. I plan to re-read HP someday, too, and I'm also trying to get myself to re-read Sarah Dessen's books. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kept wanting to re-read Harry potter before it was over in theatres, but never got around to it. Just to see how much was actually changed in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I too hope to read Harry Potter and Hunger Games again in the future. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I didn't make a post obout the books I wanted to re-read a couple weeks ago, this would have been my top ten list as well. I've been meaning to re-read Harry Potter for so long now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I plan on starting my Harry Potter reread/read for the first time (Shh... I never finished the series!) next month. And I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird in years... it's time to reread that too!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday Freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many of these books are on my re-read pile as well (Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Ella Enchanted - LOVED). Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I know I've read Curious Incident .. but I don't remember much of it.. maybe I need to re-read it too!

    Here's my Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can never get enough Harry Potter. Or The Hunger Gamesbut Ella Enchanted is one of my all time faves too.
    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesdays-aug-16th.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Johanna Lindsey was one of my first romance novel authors too. I think the Malory series was my first big series!

    Great list!

    Julia @ The Broke and the Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never re-read books anymore because my TBR list is so long and like you, I've been mentally cataloguing the books I want to re-read. I hope I get round to it eventually! Also want to read HP, Ella Enchanted (wonderful book) and The Hunger Games.


    Thanks for visiting my blog - I've become a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.