Books We Covet: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Why we covet this book: We are a sucker for fun, romantic contemporary YA reads. Love the cover of this book too.


statisticalprobabilityThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (out January 2, 2012)
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

For more info and to read an excerpt about The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, visit the publisher's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

24 comments

  1. I've got this on my TBR list. It kind of reminds me of those books by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am coveting this book today too! I love that the book takes place in 24 hours. It just sounds SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some pretty good things about this one. I love the font of the title as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so amazing. Can't wait to get a copy of this one. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick. I love the cover. The book sounds so romantic. Who doesn't dream of falling in love at first sight?

    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like books set over a short time period. This book looks good!

    Thanks for commenting at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds great! Will have to check it out soon! Nice pick!

    Just wanted to stop and say thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really good this one! Will probably wait to see what the reviews say when they start popping up before taking the leap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this as well. I love how it is hard to say the title with out stumbling on your words, just because it's different :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit, this does look and sound good :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this does sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys have a twin WOW out there this week! lolz Nice pick;)

    Check out what has us on pins & needles here!  And while your there don't forget to sign up for our upcoming Halloween event/Giveaway Hop! Or enter to win Sweetly by Jackson Pearce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for this one!!! It looks amazing :)

    Check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. everybody is WOW-ing this one! i love fun, romantic contemporaries, and so, so excited to read this book. i *love* the cover and title.

    my WOW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to this one, too!! Sounds like such a cute read. Great pick!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so anxious to read this one. It sounds like a perfect little romance with lots of heart. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds amazing! Thanks for commenting on my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to read this one! Sounds so cute, and I love the cover. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for this one too! Great pick)

    Thanks for checking out my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had this on my WoW post last week! I'm still waiting however =) It sounds like its going to be a really cute read. I've heard it related to Anna and the French Kiss, which is a favorite of mine! Can't wait for it to come out and see your review.

    Here's my WoW post
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a fun, light read. And a British boy, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am absolutely dying for this one!! I've already seen a few rave reviews for it---looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.