Books We Covet: In Honor by Jessi Kirby

Why we covet this book: We love a good road trip romance. And a brother's best friend as a love interest?? Love it--sounds like a winner!!

inhonorIn Honor by Jessi Kirby (out May 28, 2012)
Honor receives her brother's last letter from Iraq thee days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn't. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?

For more info and to read an excerpt about In Honor, visit the author's blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

28 comments

  1. Have tried to comment twice and failed! I like the cover of this book too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is very popular today. Going to have to check it out!

    New follower!

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound good. Definitely bitter sweet.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this book a lot lately. I am going to have to make sure to add it to my liste. :) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is new to me and it sounds really sweet! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog! New follower!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is the hit this week.

    And is on my wishlist too.

    Visit me: http://readingandall.blogspot.com/2011/08/esperando-na-quarta-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. Great pick, I can't wait for In Honor! I have seen this book mentioned a few other places and it sounds like a great read. I am definitely getting this book when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually the third time I've seen this book posted today! It looks amazing. Awesome pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW. I think this one will be very hard to read with out crying a little. Great Pick and thanks for stopping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seems to be everybody's pick this week. I can't wait to read it--sounds so good, but sad.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think this is now the third time I've seen this book today!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. Can't wait to read this one!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds really good. I love the cover; it is really cute! Great WoW; here's mine:
    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time hearing about this one so will have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really excited for this book! I only found out about it last night, but I've been excited for it all day whenever I see it. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. This book sounds lovely!It is the first time i heard of it. So happy you chose it.
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the first time I've heard of this book. I'll need to remember to check it out when it releases. Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, la, quite interesting. Will be on the lookout for it if ever it will be available here.

    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound like a good book. I love books about roadtrips, and with some romance thrown in this sounds like it could be a very enjoyable read, if it's not too sad ( I don't really like sad).

    ReplyDelete
  20. this books looks really cool! I actually cant wait to read it. I normally read a diff type but love this type too.
    New follower to your blog, grabbed ur button too (luv the kitty)
    here is my WOW if you wanna take a quick peek:
    http://vampyregurlsbookclub.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday1.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, road trip books can be so good! Sounds very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All about the road trip - love it!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just saw this as a friend's WoW pick and added it to my wishlist. Road trips are always fun and I really liked Kirby's debut novel, Moonglass.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the sound of this book and the cover is gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the second time I've seen this on WoW (or in our case Books We Covet. It sounds pretty cool and I love the idea of a road trip for the story line. Nice pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pick :)

    This looks like an awesome book! Can't wait to read it!

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.