Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Books We Covet: Cathing Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 with
Why we covet this book: Sounds like a fun, romantic contemporary YA read. Love that the main character is the quarterback of her high school football team.


catchingjordanCatching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
(out December 1, 2011)
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though--she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.


For more info and to read an excerpt about Catching Jordan, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

24 comments:

  1. Catching Jordan sound like a fun and unique read! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I have been SO excited for this one ever since I saw the cover. Plus, I love chatting with the author, Miranda, on Twitter! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was amazing. I read it a few weeks ago and it is certainly worth the wait. 5 stars all the way for this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That sounds like an amazing book!
    New follower!
    Cana
    http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so excited for this one! I love football and it just looks so freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much of a contemporary reader, but hope you enjoy this one when it comes out!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm a new follower! :) This looks really good. I love the tomboy trying to make guys see her as a girl story. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is on my wishlist too! It sounds awesome, I can't wait! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a fun read. You aren't the first I've heard to talk about it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was one of my WoW picks a while back, when it was called Score! The cover is totally cute and I think the book will be too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is adorable, and I love the title. I had a friend who was the only girl on the football team, so I am interested in this book. Great WoW. New follower!

    Here is our WoW:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-04-trylle-trilogy.html

    <3 Sarah @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower here!

    This sounds like an original and fab read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm usually not a fan when it comes to books related to sports....but I think I could make an exception for this one! Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book looks really cute! I love the cover! Good pick! New follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds really great, and the cover is so cute!! Awesome choice this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Added to my to-read on Goodreads as a reminder

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been waiting for this as well! :)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for that book either!!! Great pick :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.