Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book Leslie Covets: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 with
Why Leslie covets this book: First of all, the cover is gorgeous--I love the girl's eyes. I also haven't read a young adult retelling of Robin Hood. Scarlet promises to be "full of action, secrets and romance" which are three of my favorite things in my reads.

scarlettScarlet by A.C. Gaughen (out February 14, 2012)
Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

For more info and to read an excerpt about Scarlet, visit the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

14 comments:

  1. This really does sound like an awesome read!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds excellent, it's been a while since I read a good Robin Hood retelling. Awesome choice. I'm a new follower, please check out my W.o.W.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! This looks so good! I'm anxious to read it!
    Just stopping in to say hi!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever read a Robin Hood retelling before. I'll definitely have to check this out, it sounds awesome!

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Pick! I love the cover and the Robin Hood retelling looks pretty amazing! Thank you for sharing and passing by! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower :)

    this seems like a great read! Can't wait to check it out!

    Thanks for checking out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh neat, a Robin Hood twist! Sounds really cool, great pick! :]

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of this one! Looks super awesome!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds really good:) check out my wow @ http://perfectlyinked.blogspot.com/
    - tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo this sounds good! My blog sister, Greta would love this...she loves the fairy tail re-tellings;)

    Thanks for stoping by Paranormal Wastelands!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read a couple versions of this story and love the time period and the adventure. I think the most recent was the King Raven series by Stephen Lawhead. This sounds like a really interesting one. I need to add it to my dream list. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.