Books Michelle Covet: Paranormal Sequels

Why I covet this book: I recently read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side and I enjoyed it very much. Jessica Rules the Dark Side is the sequel and I can't wait to read all about Jessica and Lucius again. They were a great couple.

Also, the purple cover is perfect and beautiful. So awesome that it matches the red cover of the first book in the series.


jessicarulesJessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (out January 2012)
The highly anticipated sequel to Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side.

When Jessica Packwood found out she was a Romanian vampire princess, she had the shock of her teenage life. Turns out that was the easy part. Now, married to Prince Lucius Vladescu, she has to claim her throne and convince a vampire nation she’s fit to be their queen. But Jess can’t even order a decent meal from her castle’s Romanian staff, let alone deal with devious undead subjects who would love to see her fail.

And when Lucius is accused of murdering a vampire Elder and imprisoned without the blood he needs, Jessica finds herself alone, fighting for both their survivals. Desperate to clear her husband’s name and win his release, Jess enlists the help of her best friend Mindy Stankowicz and Lucius’s mysterious Italian cousin, Raniero Lovatu. But both of them are keeping some dark secrets. Can Jess figure out who to trust – and how to rise to power – before she loses everything, including the vampire she loves?

Full of romance, mystery, and danger, the highly anticipated sequel to Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side shows that sometimes a princess has to earn her “happily ever after” – with a sharpened stake in hand.


For more info and to read an excerpt about Jessica Rules the Dark Side, visit the author's website. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.

Why I covet this book: I have yet to read Clarity (the first book in the series) but it's on top my TBR pile and I'm so excited to read it.

Maybe I shouldn't feature Perception until I've actually read Clarity but when the cover and synopsis for Perception was revealed last week Friday and I just fell in love with both. I love my mystery stories and this one sounds fantastic.

I love how they kept a few of things from the first cover for this cover which I think is great and ties both books.

perceptionPerception by Kim Harrington (out March 2012)
This hotly anticipated sequel to CLARITY delivers another dark, paranormal mystery.

When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.

For more info about Perception, visit the author's blog. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. I so can't wait for Perception, I loved Clarity! Sweet picks :D

    Check out my WOW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound really good! I'm going to have to read the prequels to both of these, so I can check them out when they are released!
    New Follower!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to both of these reads. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read either of those 'first' books, so I can't say I'm waiting on these sequels, but I do agree with you that the cover art is gorgeous. Nice picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are two great picks! I am looking forward to both as well.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know that there was going to be a sequel to Clarity. I love the cover for Perception!! Can't wait for it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up both of the Jessica books; I hope I enjoy them as much as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the first Jessica book but honestly am not overly eager to read the sequel. I have Clarity in my TBR pile and need to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.