Book Michelle Covets: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins

Why I covet this book: I came into the Hex Hall series a little late. Early this year I've sworn off paranormal YA because every book in the genre I came across seemed to be just another rehashing of the Twilight plot. But with all the great reviews I was curious about Hex Hall and picked it up. I was just blown away by how good it was! It's a paranormal that was witty and has a refreshing tongue-in-cheek humor, great world building, fantastic characters and so not another Twilight. In short, Hex Hall and Demonglass (the second book in the series) are two of the best books I've read this year and I cannot wait to read the final book in the series, Spell Bound.

spellboundSpell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins
(out March 13, 2012)
Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?

LOVE how the all covers in the series match. Wouldn't these three look so pretty in your shelf next to each other?
hexhall demonglass spellbound

For more info and to read an excerpt about Spell Bound and the rest of the series, visit the author's blog. Clicking on any of the covers will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

13 comments

  1. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the cover of Hex Hall #3 here! I thought it already came out and I missed it >.< Hex hall is a awesome series! I love the plot ♥ && The covers are so pretty *O*

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books have such pretty covers and they all complement each other so well.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one either! I liked Hex Hall but I loved Demonglass. It reminded me of The Gallagher Girls books with a paranormal twist. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab choice and you are so right, these are a pretty lovely cover set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great choice! It seems a lot of people are choosing that one for their WoW this week. Here's mine:

    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice! I still have to read the first in the series!

    Here's my WoW: http://amysbookden.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a little put off by YA paranormal books lately too. It's good to know this is not yet another Twilight, as I have yet to pick it up. It sounds great and I've heard only good things about it, so I guess I'd better do it before Spell Bound comes out! Love the new cover, btw!:D

    Great pick!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read Hex Hall a few days ago, so I'm even later the party! But I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next books....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Second time I've seen this on a WoW! I love Archer :)

    Check mine out! Sash's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh I still have to read the first book. I can't wait to get into it.

    for my wow go to: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/waiting-on-wednesday-the-near-witch-by-victoria-schwab/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this series! I also love how coordinated all three covers are---they will definitely look awesome on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't seen the new cover yet, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.