Book Michelle Covets: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Why I covet this book: I absolutely loved the first book in the series Delirium. And I am so eager to read Pandemonium after that cliffhanger ending in Delirium.

Seriously, it's torture how some authors end books like that then make us wait (in this case) a whole year for the next book to come out. Then again, some books are worth the wait.


pandemoniumPandemonium by Lauren Oliver (out March 6, 2012)
Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to
Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.

I absolutely love that cover and it will look so pretty next to the new cover of Delirium (which I prefer to the original). Here it is in case you haven't seen it yet:
delirium

A concern though after reading that synopsis. It says "Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again." What? She's falling in love again? Does this mean with another guy? Possibly one of those revolutionaries and counterinsurgents she meets in the Invalid community? I hope not. Please no love triangles. One of the reasons I enjoyed Delirium so much was because there was no love triangle. Plus I really, really liked Alex's character.

I guess I'll just have to see when I read it. March can't come soon enough.

For more info and to read an excerpt about Pandemonium, visit the author's blog. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

9 comments

  1. I immediately thought the same thing.."What do you mean falling in love again?" I loved Alex there is no way there story is done. I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was freaking out when I read the summary, too. The whole point was that love was this amazing thing and how she found a great guy and now she's falling for someone else? Come on! That made me a little mad. :/


    My WoW.

    Mary (mfay2) @ Anxirium

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Delirium. It sounds great. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is A series I've meant to read. Love the new cover!
    Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omygod I love the new covers! I agree they are better! Reminds me a litle bit of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield!

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, if Lena falls in love with someone other than Alex... *shakes fist*

    I loved Alex! I thought the relationship between him and Lena was really well done and honestly, if a love triangle develops, I will be completely thrown off balance. I'll just have to trust Lauren Oliver knows what she's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I STILL haven't read Delirium, but I want to so badly!

    Thanks for posting, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.