Q&A with author Nalini Singh

Hi everyone! I am so excited because my all-time favorite paranormal romance author, Nalini Singh, is our guest here today. Last week Tuesday I posted my review of Kiss of Snow, Nalini's newest release and book #10 in the Psy/Changeling series--the one fans for the series has been waiting for: Hawke and Sienna's book. Kiss of Snow was an excellent read and it met my high expectations. I absolutely LOVED it. If you read the Psy/Changeling series go pick up the first book, Slave to Sensation, right now--you won't regret it.

Okay, without futher ado, here is Nalini...

nalinisinghQ: Hi Nalini. Welcome to our blog. You have spent a lot of time chatting with readers online through your website, blog, on Oddshots and other social media. What have you learned about yourself and your books from these exchanges?
A: I’ve learned that I truly enjoy social media and blogging. I don’t think these avenues work for everyone, but I love being able to exchange comments with my readers so easily, and to get their feedback on my books.

I also want to say that my readers are awesome people, who often make my day with their generous comments.

Q: Do you see yourself or anyone you know in any of your characters?
A: No. My characters have such vivid personalities from the start that I can’t imagine them as anything but unique individuals.

Q: If you could bring any one character from your book to life and hang out with them for a day would it be, who would it be and why? Where would you go?
A: Oh, wow, what a difficult question. There are so many characters I’d love to spend time with, so I’m going to be sneaky and choose two – one from the Psy/Changeling series, one from the Guild Hunter series.

Psy/Changeling: Julian and Roman (I know, that’s two, but they’re twins and always hang out together!) - I think they’d be the most incredible fun, and their curious natures would mean I’d get to explore all sorts of things.

Guild Hunter: Illium - I don’t think he’d mind taking me flying for a little while. How amazing would that be?!

Q: Did Hawke or Sienna ever confused you when you’re writing them? Do you sometimes wonder why they did something, or is there always a reason?
A: I just go with my characters when I write the first draft, and quite often, their motivations might not be absolutely clear. But by the time I get to the end of that draft, I know them on the deepest level, and can understand actions that might not have made sense when I first wrote the scenes.

Q: What’s next after Kiss of Snow? Any current Psy/Changeling projects?
A: Right now, I’m working on a Guild Hunter novella featuring Jessamy and Galen. After that, I’ll be working on the next Psy/Changeling book – there are a number of amazing developments coming up!

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog and answering my questions, Nalini! To learn more about Nalini's books, read excerpts, deleted scenes and other fun stuff check out her website and blog. You can also follow her on Twitter.

Here's the cover and synopsis of Kiss of Snow (just in case you're not familiar or you need to look at that cover one more time ;] ):
kissofsnow
The hardcover debut of New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh and her highly acclaimed Psy/Changeling novels.

Since the moment of her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and dangerous, he compels her to madness.

Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. But Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf.

Then Sienna changes the rules-and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight...

A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer, striking at everything they hold dear, but it is Sienna's darkest secret that may yet savage the pack that is her home-and the alpha who is its heartbeat.

2 comments

  1. Great interview! It's always interesting to see how authors create characters and how they change as they write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Nalini is so sweet to her readers. :D

    Julian and Roman are a great choice! I love those cubs so much. No matter what you did during the day, you'd know you'd have a lot laughs and fun. :)

    Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.