Monday, June 27, 2011

cpatrick Hard back: 288 pages
Publisher: Little Brown

Release Date: June 1, 2011
ISBN:
9780316094610
Source of my copy: publisher
Synopsis: (from Goodreads)

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future. Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.

Leslie's Review:
I was super excited to read it because the synopsis was amazing and
I had really high hopes for this book. After I finished the last page, I was speechless because it turned out to be better than I expected. I loved everything about this book--down to the very last word of it.

Forgotten was unlike any book I've read before. I loved the idea of how London couldn't remember her past but can remember her future. But I first began reading it, the idea was sort of hard to understand and confusing for me. I went a little crazy trying to figure how this would work but as I continued to read, I just went with it and was about to enjoy the book more and more. I finished reading Forgotten in three days, which is like super fast for me. Also, like it says in the synopsis, the plot line of this book had a mystery that was very interesting and surprising. London's memory played a key part to it.

The characters of this book were especially amazing. My favorites were London and her love interest Luke Henry. Despite her different way of remembering things, London was a great main character. At first I didn't quite know what to make of her character because everyday she was like a new person who still hasn't experienced the world. But as I continued to read, I've decided that she has a strong character, can be pretty stubborn and that we share two things in common--being a total klutz and loving to laugh. And Luke Henry... *sigh*... Luke Henry was absolutely one of the sweetest, swoon-worthiest hero I have ever read. He was both cute and hot and he was really charming and sweet, super caring and supportive towards London. I loved watching London fall in love with him all over again--literally--everyday. When I finally reached the ending, I wasn't ready to leave them yet. I have gone back and reread my favorite parts just to prolong my time in London's world.

You guys, this book has everything--a unique, interesting plot, a shocking mystery, a great heroine and a totally crush-worthy hero in Luke. I sped through this book because I couldn't get enough of it and then I was sad to see it end. I LOVED it and will most definitely reread it in the near future. I highly recommend this book to everyone, especially those who loves psychological dramas and mystery reads. This book will delivers and leaves you satisfied but also leave you wanting more--there's enough unanswered questions that there's a possibility of a sequel. Forgotten was an amazing debut by Cat Patrick. She is an author to watch out for.
I can't wait for her next book to come out. 5 out of 5 stars

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I hadn't heard about this one. I'll have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I bought Forgotten last week and I am super excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High praise Leslie, I can tell by your review that you feel very passionate about this book. I definitely want to read it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you loved this book. I loved it too! It was sooo good. ;) I can't wait to read the sequal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen a lot of varying reviews on this one, apparently either you love it or hate it, I'm still very excited to read it and glad that you loved it!
    Cubicleblindness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds like a great book. Very unique. I'll definitely have to look into this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.