Books Michelle Covet: Iron and Blood

Why Michelle covets Heart of Steel: I have the first book in Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series on my shelf and I'm so excited to read it this summer. If it's as good as everyone says it is I know I'm going to want Heart of Steel ASAP.

heartofstealHeart of Steel (Iron Seas #2) by Meljean Brook (out November 2011)
As the mercenary captain of the Lady Corsair, Yasmeen has learned to keep her heart as cold as steel, her only loyalty bound to her ship and her crew. So when a man who once tried to seize her airship returns from the dead, Yasmeen will be damned if she gives him another opportunity to take control.

Treasure-hunter Archimedes Fox isn’t interested in the Lady Corsair — he wants her coldhearted captain and the valuable da Vinci sketch she stole from him. To reclaim it, Archimedes is determined to seduce the stubborn woman who once tossed him to a ravenous pack of zombies, but she’s no easy conquest.

When da Vinci’s sketch attracts a dangerous amount of attention, Yasmeen and Archimedes journey to Horde-occupied Morocco — and straight into their enemy’s hands. But as they fight to save themselves and a city on the brink of rebellion, the greatest peril Yasmeen faces is from the man who seeks to melt her icy heart…

For more info about Heart of Steel, visit the author's website. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


Why Michelle covets Nalini Singh: It's Nalini Singh. 'Nuff said.

I LOVE her Psy/Changeling series and I am so excited to get started on reading the Guild Hunter series this summer--I know it's going to be just as good.

archangelsbladeArchangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh (out September 2011)
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past…but Dmitri’s need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.

Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready to come face to face with the seductive vampire who is an archangel’s right hand, and who wears his cruelty as boldly as his lethal sensuality…the same vampire who has been her secret obsession since the day she was old enough to understand the inexplicable, violent emotions he aroused in her.

As desire turns into a dangerous compulsion that might destroy them both, it becomes clear the past will not stay buried. Something is hunting…and it will not stop until it brings a blood-soaked nightmare to life once more…

To read an excerpt of Archangel's Blade, visit the author's website. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.


What romance novel(s) do you "covet" this week?
***We are not here to link up our WoW post on Jill's Breaking the Spine blog. If someone could please add our post on her blog, we would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance! :) ***



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

4 comments

  1. Heart of Steel does look great, like you I have the first one but I haven't read it yet. I hope we both end up enjoying the storyline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my surprise I really enjoyed The Iron Duke (the cover made me think it would be to PNR for my taste) and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. Thanks for reminding me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I covet those, too. Brook and Singh are two of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.