Q&A with author Kim Culbertson (and a Free E-book Offer)

Today, Michelle and I are excited to have YA author Kim Culbertson back here on answering our questions about her travels. Her book Instructions for a Teenage Nomad (see my review of this awesome book), came out on May 1st! Before we begin, here's the blurb (taken from the author's website):

Top Twenty Reasons He’s A Slimy Jerk Bastard
Jessa:
To help you get over your trainwreck of an EX, I’ve enclosed 20 envelopes. Each one has a reason why Sean is a jerk and not worth the dirt on your shoes. And each one has an instruction for you to do one un-Jessa-like thing a day. NO CHEATING!
Ciao! -- C

When Jessa catches her boyfriend, Sean, making out with Natalie "The Boob Job" Stone three days before her drama club’s departure to Italy, she completely freaks.

Stuck with a front-row view of Sean and Natalie making out against the backdrop of a country that oozes romance, Jessa promises to follow all of the outrageous instructions in her best friend's care package and open her heart to new experiences.

Enter cute Italian boy stage left.

Jessa had prepared to play the role of humiliated ex-girlfriend, but with Carissa directing her life from afar, it’s finally time to take a shot at being a star.
Doesn't that sound like a great summer read? Without further ado, here's Kim...

Hi Michelle and Leslie – thanks so much for having me back on your blog!
Okay, here’s the fun list you had me put together:

5 places I’d love to travel to someday: Nepal, Kauai, Austria, Patagonia, Ireland

4 best souvenirs I’ve gotten from places I’ve traveled: a Murano glass frame from Italy, a picture of my daughter dancing in Switzerland when she was two while we waited for a bus, chocolate (also from Switzerland), the knitted finger puppets we bought from Peruvian children.

3 unusual foods I’ve tried when traveling: I am the least adventurous person when it comes to food so here we go…once in Mexico, I tried spicy salsa. ☺ Okay, here are my three favorite foods from my travels: Gelato in Italy, Fondue in Switzerland, and pizza in New York.

2 most entertaining books I’ve read while traveling: The Mists of Avalon (while I was teaching summer school in Switzerland) and The Poisonwood Bible (on the beach in Cabo San Lucas).

1 amazing photo from a trip: This is a picture of me in Machu Picchu in Peru. We had just hiked four days on the Inca trail to get to this most mystical, wonderful place. But I look really tired.

Thanks for answering our questions and sharing your photo, Kim! We would love to go to all the places you've traveled one day.

As an added bonus, if you haven't a chance to read Kim's first book Songs for a Teenage Nomad (click on the cover for the blurb):
yslee
Sourcebooks is offering a FREE e-book of it from May 3 – May 9 to celebrate the release of Instructions for a Broken Heart. All you guys have to do is go here: http://bit.ly/mBn85f

Read my review HERE.

4 comments

  1. That sounds like a fantastic book. I wanted to check out Songs but could not find it free through the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @teril and everyone: the link in the post won't take you directly to the songs for a teenage nomad page. go here instead (to download the free e-book): http://www.sourcebooks.com/store/songs-for-a-teenage-nomad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn four days? WOW. Heading of to look up the book, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute Italian is sure to ease that broken heart!! Sounds like an interesting twist and reminds me of Under the Tuscan Sun (because it takes place in Tuscany, of course) and PS I Love You (as a take-off on the "things you must do" letters). Definitely appealing!

    My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.