Books I Covet: Sequels

Why Michelle covet these books: Cliffhanger endings. Unresolved plot lines. Questions that needed answers. I need these books yesterday.

If you haven't checked out either series, you simply must. They are both fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend both.

enshadowedEnshadowed (Nevermore #2) by Kelly Creagh (out Jan 2012)
While Varen remains a prisoner in the dream-world, Isobel is haunted by his memory. He appears to her in her dreams and soon, even in her waking life. But is she just imagining it? Isobel knows she must find a way back to Varen. She makes plans to go to Baltimore. There, she confronts the figure known throughout the world as the Poe Toaster—the same dark man who once appeared to Isobel in her dreams, calling himself "Reynolds."

Isobel succeeds in interrupting the Toaster's ritual and, in doing so, discovers a way to return to the dream-world. Soon, she finds herself swept up in a realm which not only holds remnants of Poe's presence, but has also now taken on the characteristics of Varen's innermost self. It is a dark world comprised of fear, terror, and anger.

When Isobel once more encounters Varen, she finds him changed. With his mind poisoned by the dream world, he becomes a malevolent force, bent on destroying all—even himself. Now Isobel must face a new adversary, one who also happens to be her greatest love.

Read my review of Nevermore (the first book in the series). For more info about Enshadowed, visit the author's blog. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.

This next one I already pre-ordered and according to B&N they're going to ship it on September 6. I can't wait to get my hands on it; after that ending in Firelight I almost wish I discovered this series much later when the second book is out so that I can read both one after the other.

secretVanish (Firelight #2) by Sophie Jordan (out September 2011)
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?

In bestselling author Sophie Jordan’s dramatic follow-up to Firelight, forbidden love burns brighter than ever.

Read my review of Firelight (the first book in the series). For more info about Vanish, visit the author's website. Clicking on the cover will take you to the book's Goodreads page.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

8 comments

  1. Wow, these look great the covers are beautiful!

    Here's my WoW. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, really want to read Vanish! I can't wait! I haven't started Nevermore, but I'm really looking forward to it as well! Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to say that Í can't wait to read these books. Honestly, I haven't read the first ones. ;) Oh, so sad! I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once in a while a writer will release a trio of books in a trio of months - that's always fun. Stacia Kane did this last year with her Downside series, and Chris Marie Green (Christine Cody) will be doing the same this summer.

    I also think it's kind of ironic that the writers work so hard on these books, and we wait up to a year or more and then read them within days...sometimes within hours. So I know what you mean about waiting to discover a series. I acutally have so many books in my TBR pile that by the time I get to some of them I'll be able to have a marathon of sequels, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th...lol. I think I have this situation with at least four of my favorite authors (or new favorites...I believe I'm up to around 15 favorite authors....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for VANISH, too! The cover is phenomenal, although I didn't love Firelight all that much...

    Thanks for stopping by the blog, by the way!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.