Mid-April In Our Mailbox (4/4-16)

This is our 30th IMM post since the first one we did back in June of last year. Yay!!

This is the Scott Westerfeld IMM it seems like because I bought a bunch of his books. I realize probably 80% of the books I read are written by female authors so I'd like to read more male authors. I'm so excited to read Leviathan and the Uglies series--I've heard great things about both.

Our other IMM highlights include Starstruck by Cyn Balog, The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky (which is one gorgeous book--watch our vlog to see) and The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.

Here's our vlog (for romance books skip to 1:01; for YA/MG books skip to 3:08):


For Review
The Guardian by Margaret Mallory
Make Mine a Cowboy by Katie Lane
Going Cowboy Crazy by Katie Lane
A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran
Learn Something Everyday by Young
Starstruck by Cyn Balog
Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gate by Eva Gray
The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky
(A big THANK YOU to Forever Romance/Hachette, LBYR/Hachette, Berkley/Penguin, Pocket/Simon & Schuster, Delacorte Press and Scholastic for sending us the books.)

Bought
Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


What did you get this week?


inourmailbox
"In My Mailbox"
is a weekly event that gives book bloggers a chance share with each other what books got added to their to-be-read pile for the week. It was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

11 comments

  1. I really want to read Thirteen Reasons Why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    I read 3 books of the Uglies Series and it's quite good. Sarah Dessen is a brilliant author, too, though I haven't read The Truth About Forever, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about The Uglies. Enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the Uglies series yet but I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of books!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wiat to read your review of the Traveling Fashionista. I think this one sound like such a fun read. You have a bunch of great books besides. Have fun reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with your book buying ban, if you decide to do one. Pre-orders definitely don't count ;) I have a couple of those that I'm waiting for as well!

    I love the Uglies Quartet, and I'm currently reading Desires of the Dead and devouring it. It's amazing!

    Enjoy your books :D you had a fantastic haul this week!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about the "The Time-Traveling Fashionista." Haven't read it yet. Now I'm curious about the book.:-)
    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy Uglies, it's one of my favorite series!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.