Saturday, April 23, 2011

Leslie and I are sucking at posting here on the blog in the past week. We're in a bit of a blog slump, I guess. Partly because it took me two weeks to finish a book--not because it's bad (it's actually a 5 star read) but I was just tired of reading one book after another to keep up with all the books I am accumulating. I hardly take the time to savor a book and I'm losing that reading magic. Do you guys know what I mean?

But I took my time with this book because it's one I've been waiting to read for a long, long time. And it felt really good not rushing through a book like I usually do to keep up review books pile. I am very behind now but I am glad I did it because it sort of renewed my love for reading.

Another reason for the blog slump is that there's a lot of things going on right now that involves my making big decisions about my life--there was a lot of going back and forth when I finally made my final decision... yet I'm still doubting myself that I made the right one. All of this thinking plus all the end-of-the-year stuff I have to do for my job and Leslie has for school just pretty much pushed the blog down our list of priorities.

We are going try (very hard) to post more regularly starting with this post because we love this blog and it is important to us that we keep it up.

This post is turning longer than I first planned. Anyway, enough blabbing from me... Someone on YouTube requested that I do a video that shows the books I still need to read (excluding review books) so I did. I thought I'd post it here too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you guys have some awesome books in your TBR pile! I know what you mean by losing that reading magic. I feel like I'm reading book after book with no breaks in between but going to take a reading break soon :)

    Revolution is a really great book as well as Unearthly and the rest of the books in your TBR pile. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, you've got some great books to read! I loved White Cat and Incarceron.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.