Books We Covet: The Cover Edition

Why we covet these books: Two words: gorgeous covers.

Here are the books Leslie and I would buy for their covers so that we can admire them whenever we want on our bookshelf. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that their blurb also makes them covet-worthy.


trisizzieTris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison (out October 2011)
A modern retelling of the German legend "Tristan and Isolde", "Tris and Izzie", is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until-- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.


For more info about Tris & Izzie, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Click on the cover to pre-order.





shatteredsoulShattered Soul by Mary Lindsey (out December 2011)
Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.

Sort of.

He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.
Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.

For more info about Shattered Souls, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Click on the cover to pre-order.



stillwatersStill Waters by Emma Carlson Berne (out December 2011)
Hannah and Colin seem to have the perfect relationship, but as her second-to-last year of school draws to a close and Colin prepares to head off to college, Hannah feels he might be slipping away. She knows they need some real quality time alone if she’s going to hold on to him. So when she finds pictures of his old family lake house, she secretly schemes to get him there. But when they arrive, he’s not thrilled. Actually, he’s totally freaked out. And though she gets him to relax, his behavior become stranger by the day: he disappears for long stretches of the night, has a bizarre breakdown in a nearby diner, and when the car stops running, he seems completely unconcerned about fixing it. The lake house holds secrets, and what Hannah doesn’t know and Colin can’t remember just might kill them both.

For more info about Still Waters, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Click on the cover to pre-order.


moonglassMoonglass by Jessi Kirby (out May 2011)
I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both.

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.
While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever.


For more info about Moonglass, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Click on the cover to pre-order.


What do you think of these covers? Which one of these four is your absolute favorite?



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

17 comments

  1. Oh man! So hard to choose just one! I'm torn between Tris & Issie and Shattered Souls... But I guess I'll go with the first one. All 4 are beautiful!

    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. These four books are in my "dying to read" list !! I totally agree, their covers are absolutely gorgeous !! =) Great picks !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to choose a favourite! I think Tris & Izzie and Shattered Souls are tied.... I can't wait to read both of them, too!!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tris & Izzie looks good!

    http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb/The_Bluestocking_Guide/Book_Reviews/Entries/2011/4/20_Wishful_Wednesday_April_20%2C_2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All four covers are beautiful but, if I had to pick one it would be Moonglass, something about the colors and the beach catch my attention.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks, I would give them all a chance based on covers.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I can't decide between Tris & Izzie and Shattered Soul as my favorite cover. Those 2 sound so amazing and I can't wait for either of them. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Tris and Izzie, and saw the movie on TV the other day - Tristan and Isolde.

    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so freaking excited for Tris & Izzie and Shattered Souls. Both have gorgeous covers and sound absolutely incredible. Great picks!

    Happy Reading
    Blakeley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tris & Izzie is by far one of my favorite book covers! I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it. You have a lot of great picks on there!

    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want all of these books! Moonglass is my WOW pick today too.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shattered Souls is one of my most anxiously awaited titles! Love that you love covers too!

    My WoW:
    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-venom-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover for Shattered Souls, and really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! All of them sound so good! I really, really want Shattered Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for picking Shattered Souls for your list. It's my favorite of the four, but I'm a bit biased. All of these covers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.