Friday, April 15, 2011

Book Trailers of the Week

Friday, April 15, 2011 with
I found two book trailers this week that I really liked. One is for Drought by Pam Bachorz which I thought was well-made. It was only 46 seconds long but gave enough that I became very intrigued and I want to know more.

Oh! And I thought they got the voice right this time. Check it:

Here's the blurb (from Goodreads) and book cover:
drought
Ruby Prosser dreams of escaping the Congregation and the early-nineteenth century lifestyle that’s been practiced since the community was first enslaved.

She plots to escape the vicious Darwin West, his cruel Overseers, and the daily struggle to gather the life-prolonging Water that keeps the Congregants alive and gives Darwin his wealth and power. But if Ruby leaves, the Congregation will die without the secret ingredient that makes the Water special: her blood.

So she stays.

But when Ruby meets Ford, the new Overseer who seems barely older than herself, her desire for freedom is too strong. He’s sympathetic, irresistible, forbidden—and her only access to the modern world. Escape with Ford would be so simple, but can Ruby risk the terrible price, dooming the only world she’s ever known?
The reviews are mixed for Drought on Goodreads but the awesome blurb, cover and book trailer, I want to pick it up anyway and see for myself. The other trailer is for the upcoming romance Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah Maclean (out April 26). It's the third book in the Love by Numbers series preceded by Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and Ten Ways to be Adored When Landing a Lord. Yeesh! Talk about loong titles! I have both books on my shelf but I have yet to read either--I have read plenty of great reviews about both though.

Here's the trailer. I think it's really cute:

Here's the blurb (from Goodreads) and book cover:
elevenways
She lives for passion.

Bold, impulsive, and a magnet for trouble, Juliana Fiori is no simpering English miss. She refuses to play by society's rules: she speaks her mind, cares nothing for the approval of the ton, and can throw a punch with remarkable accuracy. Her scandalous nature makes her a favorite subject of London's most practiced gossips . . . and precisely the kind of woman The Duke of Leighton wants far far away from him.

He swears by reputation.

Scandal is the last thing Simon Pearson has room for in his well-ordered world. The Duke of Disdain is too focused on keeping his title untainted and his secrets unknown. But when he discovers Juliana hiding in his carriage late one evening—risking everything he holds dear—he swears to teach the reckless beauty a lesson in propriety. She has other plans, however; she wants two weeks to prove that even an unflappable duke is not above passion.

Let me know your thoughts on the trailers. Happy Friday everyone! :)

3 comments:

  1. The trailer for Drought is really good. Now I want to go read it! Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's heart has cute little animations. It sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drought does sound intriguing but I wasn't too impressed with Bachorz'a other book, Candor, so I doubt I'll make an effort to read this one, unless the reviews are really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.