Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Book I Covet: Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 with
Why I covet this book: I love mermaid stories and have read quite a few. But I haven't read one about a siren or one that sounds as dark and romantic Ripple sounds from the blurb.

I also love the cover--so much drama in the body language in both models and I love the gathering storm in the background. It's a perfect fit to the blurb.


rippleRipple by Mandy Hubbard (out July 21, 2011)
Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?


For more info about the Ripple, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Look this book up and add it to your wish list!



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this one on other people's blogs. It does look good and I would like to read this one too!

    Great pick

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, this was my WoW a few weeks back on my TBR list! Can't wait to read it!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this on my to-read pile for ages. I really cant wait till it comes out :)


    -Alyssa

    thanks for checking out my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one is on my list. I love mermaid storys! I am really anxious to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my WoW! Ripple's on my list too - I like the sound of the dilemma the protagonist is placed in. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Mandy Hubbard. I want to read her books.
    My Twilight WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I am not all that taken with this cover the summary sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this sounds sooo good and the cover is so beautiful

    PS good luck on Dewey's 24 and i'm a new follower =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.