Book I Covet: Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst

Why I covet this book: Because it's written by Sarah Beth Durst and she is one of my favorite authors. I LOVED her novel Ice (see my review) and I enjoyed Enchanted Ivy (see my review). I will read anything by her.

And this paranormal tale sounds like a different take on vampires with tongue-in-cheek humor and a fantasy-esque flavor. Also, that cover is awesome.


drinkslayloveDrink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst (out September 13, 2011)
Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire, fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her Family think she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's Family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the king's feast -- as the entrees.

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends -- especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache -- to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her Family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?


For more info about the Drink Slay Love, visit the author's website and Goodreads. Look this book up and add it to your wish list. Or pre-order it!



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. Vampires, blood and romance. Some combination I LOVE. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. You really should read the Night World series. It's full of vamp and werewolves and witches. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I really like the cover and the synopsis really grabs your attention. Now adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in reading this one! I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why I haven't heard of this book yet. It sounds really good and is now going onto my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for this one too. The cover is beautiful! It looks like a lot of fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so great! I can't wait to check it out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read two of her previous books so I'm looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds really cute and fun! I also love the cover and the colors; they're so vibrant! Thanks for sharing :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol - love the play on the Eat Pray Love title.

    This sounds like it might be a fun read. Hope you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great pick! I will have to put it on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday I hope you like it. I am a HUGE vamp lover also, cant wait to see your next picks:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.